Looking for a few sure-fire ways to attract website visitors in the New Year without stooping to spam or black-hat techniques? Give as many of the of the following 10 tactics as you can, a try:
- Focus on content creation. Great content attracts qualified opportunity. When you put the effort into creating and promoting great pieces of content, the natural outcome is more traffic to your website via organic search, shares and referrals.
- Invest in your website’s blog. By consistently publishing high-value blog posts, you will build relationships with your readers. Readers who feel connected to your blog check back frequently to view your latest posts and review calls-to-action for services you offer.
- Eliminate website errors. If the search engines aren’t able to index your website properly (which can occur due to a number of different errors), you may not be receiving all the organic search traffic you should be. Page analytics from tools like Hubspot or Google Webmaster Tools can help pinpoint issues such as missing meta information, H1 tags etc.
- Use SEO responsibly. Don’t over-optimize your website. Do follow current SEO best practices (which emphasizes a “natural” or “human friendly” site) to leave strong search engine clues about where your site should be found in organic search results. High search ranking will result in plenty of new visitors to your website.
- Add social sharing buttons. Don’t assume your readers will go out of their way to share your content. Make it easy for your site to attract more visitors from social networking sites by adding social sharing buttons to your company’s blog posts and premium content.
- Answer questions on social networking sites and websites. When you observe people asking questions online, provide insights and share your experiences. Doing so will earn you both website traffic and customers for life. Just be sure to say more in your comment than, “Great post!” or “Thanks for sharing!”.
- Distribute press releases for actual achievements. Promote significant accomplishments through your Public Relations channel whenever you have something noteworthy to share. You can reach those who may not normally traffic your website and begin to build relationships with them.
- Ask visitors to share your site. Simply asking visitors to forward your articles to others or share them on their social networking profiles is a great way to quickly increase page views.
- Write guest posts for top industry sites. Ask other websites in your industry if you can pen guest posts for their blogs. Having your content featured on these sites isn’t just great for traffic – it’s a good way to build your perceived authority as well.
- Connect with influencers in your niche. Having an authority figure in your industry share just one of your blog articles can result in a tremendous amount of new traffic, subscribers and buyers, so make relationship building a key part of your company’s marketing strategy.
Do you have some traffic and relationship-building tactics that have worked for you? Employ tactic 6 right now and share your experiences. Or, respond to tactic 8 and share this list with friends and associates!
Comments on this article are closed.