Enterprise Mobility landscape has come a long way and is not stopping from continually evolving. With the businesses of all sizes endorsing mobile workforces and mobile business channels, the mobile apps are steadily replacing corporate legacy systems. The need for EMM suites is quintessential for overcoming challenges such as growing mobile workforces and greater use of mobile devices. As there is no control over end-user technology decisions, it is the right time to help enterprise leaders securely empower mobile users to achieve business transformation.
Why is EMM a need of the hour?
Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM) is a one stop solution that aims in providing a multi-OS environment to the employees and enable them to use their preferred devices to access corporate apps. EMM provides all these facilities and thus the end users can access data whilst fulfilling critical security and compliance requirements.
Components that form an EMM suite:
- Mobile Device Management (MDM)
- Mobile Application Management (MAM)
- Mobile Content Management (MCM)
The principle aim of an EMM platform is to provide a secure, scalable, and an enterprise ready architecture that offers an equal priority to the user experience.
How to choose an EMM solution provider?
It’s a common scenario that each business has its own set of governance, compliance and risk management protocols when it comes to digitalizing business process and enabling the work force to support beyond office walls. To cater to all the demanding needs of secure digital transformation, it is important to choose an EMM provider who will help the organization to define policies that govern any mobility initiative. An ideal EMM platform should offer the following key criteria.
- Platform Impartiality: It’s important that the EMM platform is not contingent on specific technology platforms. The mobile ecosystem in general is an evolving environment where the kind of devices are just too many to predict and innovation is the only constant in the mobile world, it is crucial that the EMM platform is functional irrespective of emerging platforms.
- Threat Protection: Empower IT to centrally manage any mobile threat protection and leverage app risk data by seamlessly implementing policies that will shield both users and the enterprise against malware, greyware, privacy risks, performance risks, fraudulent websites, and other digital threats. Mobile threat protection can be centrally managed through an EMM console where administrators can set threat compliance requirements and remediation.
- Easy Deployment: EMM platform is expected to manage mobile deployments from a single console and also ensuring that the mobile app is secured with a granular mobile policy engine. Whether the target devices are Quarantine non-compliant, jailbroken, or rooted devices, the EMM platform should be capable function effortlessly.
- Govern your mobility strategy: EMM platform should be simple for configuring the number of roles, defining visibility, Assigning actions and managing distributions.
Technology Partner to integrate EMM
It is highly crucial that any organization heading towards digital transformation know the mobile world by its roots. It is important that the app developers know how to deliver an outstanding mobile user experience and in cognizant with the trending technology. The make or break of your mobile initiative is undoubtedly determined by the EMM platform and the company that assists you with integrating this platform.
As an organization embarks on its digital technology transformation, it is always a mandate to choose a mobility company that will help your organization to unfold a world of fresh opportunities and assist you to quickly adapt to becoming a Mobile First enterprise.
Here are the 7 crucial elements of a successful enterprise mobility strategy.Download the infographic to know more!