Internet of Things, or IoT, has been one of the most influential technologies that have graced the tech industry. Modern living in 2020 has become heavily dependent on IoT. The technology utilizes the power of data collected through a network of high-end sensors. This data is collected from machines and people alike. IoT is used as an ecosystem of multiple devices that share data amongst each other to enhance the efficiency of their functions, and serve the customers intuitively. Hence, availing the services of a mobile app development company has become a norm for businesses nowadays, to ensure that they’re utilizing the full potential of IoT in their mobile applications.
IoT has made a significant impact on the mobile app development industry, as the sharing of data between devices ensures a seamless user experience for app users. Enhanced visibility gained from the sharing of data has been an outcome that has significantly boosted the quality of mobile applications in this era. Let’s explore how exactly IoT has become the future of mobile app development.
5 Ways IoT (Internet of Things) Has Been Impacting the Future of Mobile App Development
Mobile app development has become a necessity for businesses across the globe, given the rise in the use of smartphones and smart devices. Customers are conveniently able to access any type of services through dedicated mobile applications, with personalized services. Hence, businesses are prioritizing generating interest from the customers by offering them with interactive and intuitive mobile apps. Here are 5 reasons how IoT is helping to pave the way for future mobile apps.
1. Enhanced Hybrid App Development Opportunities: The general native mobile apps are designed to work on a specified platform, which is not a preferred scenario for proper implementation of IoT. However, hybrid apps have seen a significant boost in demand owing to their capability to work on various platforms and devices. This has opened the doors for mobile app developers to work on developing heightened UX and leveraging the power of IoT to allow users to properly interact with any and all multi-platform devices.
The incorporation of various advanced coding techniques has become convenient for app developers due to IoT. This has helped in the development of some of the best mobile apps in the world, like Uber, Facebook, Instagram, etc. Providing the users with the ability to access a wide range of services in a single go has been one of the many gifts of IoT for mobile apps. This has also allowed businesses to conveniently gain consumer data from multiple platforms and devices, without any extra efforts.
Hybrid app development is the future of mobile apps, and IoT is one of the biggest assets of hybrid apps. This has paved the way for IoT to be a major player in the mobile app industry in the future.
2. Open Source Development is Becoming the New Norm: The rise of IoT technology in the mobile app development industry has resulted in many IT companies and app developers sharing their own apps and programs openly. This has assisted the nascent developers in conveniently borrowing and building their own unique apps.
Open source development of mobile apps has already become very relevant in the industry, and is only going to grow in demand in the near future. It is helping the growth of mobile apps across various platforms, and urging more smart technologies to be integrated with mobile apps to utilize the full potential of IoT.
One other advantage offered by open source development of mobile applications is the transparency it offers in the development process. This has allowed developers and businesses to seamlessly collaborate with each other to develop high-tier mobile applications.
3. Niche Mobile App Development on New Platforms: App developers are doing their best to adapt to the changes brought in by IoT in the industry. Since IoT is a fairly new technology in the mobile app development industry, new advantages of this technology are detected regularly. One of the advantages of IoT is that it has enabled the app developers to create their own platforms due to the scarcity of platforms available for IoT compatible applications.
It is predicted that app developers who prefer to create cross-platform applications will be focusing more on creating niche platforms to ensure that something new is offered to the consumers. Moreover, there is clearly more to gain by developing new platforms as they provide the developers with a multitude of resources and create something unique that can offer them with lucrative returns.
4. Rise of Small Businesses Having a Say in Their Respective Industry: The costs associated with IoT application development services are reducing at a faster rate than expected. This has opened the gate for small businesses to make an impact on the online stage. This has allowed small businesses to have a much bigger say on big platforms than they used to before.
IoT connects everything to one system, making it convenient for mobile applications to process, analyze, and deliver on various types of complex services. Small businesses are able to leverage this component to create high-end mobile applications at reduced costs, which has made them more relevant in their respective industries.
5. Emerging Innovative Businesses: Innovation in businesses has been greatly impacted by IoT. For instance, an app like Uber uses IoT to gather data from the app users and connected devices (cars), which helps the customers in getting a cab in just a few taps.
The emergence of more innovative businesses has been the gift of IoT, and mobile apps are the best medium to leverage the advantages of IoT for businesses. Businesses are focusing on addressing and solving the pressing issues of the customer segment, and developing IoT based apps to offer convenient solutions. This is possible through the massive amounts of data collected by various companies which has provided much more intensive insights to businesses for developing targeted mobile apps.
The future of mobile app development companies is heavily dependent on how well they’re utilizing and implementing IoT into the mobile apps they’re developing. Providing businesses with unique and smart solutions through mobile apps is the biggest priority for any Internet of Things development company. How well it is executed depends on how suitably IoT is implemented across the board. IoT is, indeed, the future of mobile app development.
Discuss This Article
Add a New Comment /Reply
Thanks for adding to the conversation!
Our comments are moderated. Your comment may not appear immediately.