I know, I know. You’ve seen it all before.
The web is swamped by countless blog articles offering you, well – basically, the same old extensions over and over again.
Most of them are covering very short list that aims to assist specific needs and fields in the online marketing world according to the hosting site’s niche expertise. But as the marketing world evolves and the understanding that the best form of marketing is the kind that makes everything work in synergy, becomes more and more common, you have to know how to make the best out of the limited time you got, in order to achieve everything you have to do in the day.
With the right browser extension, you can save a lot of time and effort on those small things.
I’ve put together a list of 24 Chrome extensions that will help improve your daily task efficiency, SEO and marketing work, data analysis and content marketing. This post is a follow-up to a succesful post we’ve published on the subject.
Be more efficient and effective with your time
1. The Great Suspender: This magical tool helps you suspend tabs to free up the memory of your Chrome browser. You can choose from automatically or manually suspending those tabs that has been inactive for a while, only to reactivate them when needed by browsing back to them.
2. OneTab: Compresses all the opened tabs in the browser into one tab, so you can see the content of all opened tabs in one look. Active web pages will be closed, but their URLs will be automatically saved within a single tab. You can also group these tabs into a special category, enabling you to open it at a later time.
3. One Click Extensions Manager: Basically like the one above, but for extensions. With a click of a mouse, it hides the extensions icons and gathers them under one icon. Simple and smart.
4. Boomerang: A popular extension that offers smart mailing solutions. My favourite is scheduling that reply you worked on waking up in 4am and didn’t want to rattle your peers.
5. Awesome Screenshot: A quick and easy to use screenshot tool with extra editing features. For example, you can highlight or mark important captures with arrows for that web developer who didn’t implement that pixel correctly.
6, Tinybeest Image Optimization: Very simple tool to reduce and optimize images for your site, blog etc.
7. Figure it Out: Allows you to add up to 10 time zones to your “new tab” screen, helps make scheduling posts or setting up meetings with different regions super easy. It also displays regional national holidays, so you can avoid posting your best social content on a day when no one will be paying attention.
8. Zest: Stay up-to-date with minimal effort with this amazing new-tab feed extension, which gathers stellar content suggested by marketers, for marketers.
9. Search and Replace: The title says it all, do it on every in-browser writing box without browsing away.
Extract useful information faster
10. SimilarWeb: This Israeli marketing intelligence product also has a great Chrome extension. The tool shows useful site analytics and information like traffic sources, monthly visits, rank, Geo sources and more. A must-have for everyone who needs to collect valuable competitor’s information.
11, SimilarTech: Another one from the Israeli guys, which also have a competitive intelligence tool that tracks technology adoption and usage analytics in real-time”. More simply put, it shows you what technology or marketing products are used by any site. Very useful for competitor research. (Bonus insight: we’ve recently collaborated with the SimilarTech team to conduct a research on the state of marketing automation in 2016, you’re welcome to read it)
12. Tag Assistant: This on by Google, helps you make sure your Google tags (like GA, Google Tag Manager, Conversion tracking etc.) are implemented and fired properly.
13. Ghostery: A little bit like SimilarTech, but under a different hat. This one helps you protect your web browsing privacy by showing you what trackers on a site are viewing your personal data and the ability to block those you’re not interested in and speed up your browsing. For us marketers, it can be used as a spying tool to see what our competitors/clients are doing.
14. IP Address and Domain Information: This is a bit more in the Webmastering world, but also useful to any of us doing a little bit of SEO. It displays detailed information about any website, including Domain name, Host, Server location, Mozrank and Alexa rank and a lot more useful info.
15. Rapportive: Although digital marketers are more and more active on social platform like Facebook and Twitter, many of our interactions are still happening on email. Rapportive helps your bridge that gap by gathering information from your contact’s social accounts right inside your inbox.
16. Hunter: One of the most popular extensions to find email addresses of your leads from either a Linkedin page or a company’s website. Much like Rapportive, only the other way around.
17. BuzzSumo: When browsing through the web searching for new content ideas for yours or your clients blog, this one helps you by instantly showing how many social shares an article or blog post has got.
18. KUKU.io: The most user-friendly social media management tool I ever used.
The coolest feature about it is that it allows you to adapt the voice you’re using when sharing in each different social media platform with a few clicks. Charm!
For better SEO work
19. Majestic Backlink Analyzer: This one might not be the first choice of a backlink analyzer for many SEOs, but is definitely my personal favourite. I find it way more comfortable to use than Moz or Alexa’s, and the data much more accurate. Also, I find the correlation between the Trust Flow and Citation Flow more informative than those other metrics.
20. PageSpeed Insights: The must-have tool for any SEO to check a site’s performance grade instantly is also available with this light and fast extension.
21. SEO Quake: This one’s a bit advanced, but I find myself using it a lot.
The great thing about it is that in one look, it shows you the most important metrics of a website from Alexa, SEMrush, Bing and Google. With just one click you can also see internal and external backlinks, compare URLs and even browse to a deeper diagnosis for titles, headers and overall health of the site you’re investigating.
22. NoFollow: See if a web page is providing a Do or No Follow link with just one look.
23. Goo.gl: My personal favourite URL shortener. Perfect for instantly sharing friendly URLs without browsing to another site.
24. Clear Cache: Speed up your browsing in one click by clearing cache and browsing data with this extension.
Hopefully, I introduced you to some fresh and new extensions you didn’t use yet. They sure did save me a lot of time that otherwise would have been wasted on silly tasks like, I don’t know, cursing away through the dozens tabs constantly opened on my computer.
If you found this useful, and you’re curious to learn more and find out how to step up your marketing I invite you to download our How-To guide for creating an inbound marketing strategy.