When it comes to marketing and communication mediums, one of the most infamous (if not useful) of these would be B2B telemarketing. Infamous, because of the backlash companies get when it was used the wrong way, and useful, because it is one of the most effective direct marketing tools that can be used by marketers in order to generate more B2B leads.
And if you are using the same method for your own business, then you would want to be sure that you belong to the latter category, right? This means that you have to focus on the right ways to market your business. Considering the things you have to think about, here are some of the most important:
- Focus on the benefits – it is good if your products have a lot of features to offer, but rarely are your sales leads prospects interested on that. Simply put, they do not see any connection between these features and their lives. Your job, as the marketer, is to act as the bridge. Share with them the benefits of using your products, how their business and lives will improve.
- Focus on value – all right, it might be possible that your appointment setting team has already shared with your prospects, but they still are not interested, mainly due to the price. If this is a non-negotiable factor, then your best bet is to increase its value. That is how Apple, IBM, Armani, and Breitling did it. They may be pricey, but the quality and status that they provide buyers has made them very attractive to prospects.
- Focus on the demonstration – yes, it is true that the phone may not be enough to describe the features of your business, so it makes sense if you could present them the actual product. If it is a service, then you can invite your B2B lead generation prospects to observe a demonstration on how it works. What is important here is that they see how it actually works. This will give them a better idea on what you can actually do for them.
- Focus on the emotions – to be frank, an ‘objective buying decision’ is an illusion. You see, you and the competition are basically offering the same thing to your prospects. What makes all the difference in your marketing campaign? It is your ability to appeal to their emotions. If you can make them react positively to what you are offering, then this can spell success for you.
- Focus on the needs – true, making the sale is important, but knowing that what you sell is actually what your prospects need is very satisfying. Besides, if you convinced them to buy something they do not need, then they will think you have swindled them of their hard-earned money. Now that would give you a real problem for future marketing campaigns.
With these five points to focus on, you can ensure that your telemarketing campaign would be more successful in reaching out to prospects.
This content originally appeared at Callbox Blog.
Read more: Best Practices for Telemarketing
Comments on this article are closed.