Finishing up my review of Maximizing Lead Generation by Ruth Stevens and I found some interesting data on lead nurturing she shared that my fans will enjoy.
- Twice as likely to have a lead nurturing program in place, as compared to “average” companies (middle 50% of companies)
- 4.6 times more likely to be involved in lead nurturing, compared to “laggard” companies (the bottom 30%)
- Experienced nurtured leads averaging 47% large order sizes than non-nurtured leads
- Achieved higher revenues, better campaign response rates, lead qualification rates and average order sizes.
Still think lead nurturing isn’t important? It offers the biggest bang for the buck. If it’s so great, why don’t more companies do it? Here are three possible reasons:
- Marketers find nurturing too difficult and tedious.
- They lack the content needed for “problem to solution” story-telling.
- No one owns the responsibility.
To learn more about lead nurturing, check out this Slideshare.