“94% of members want to receive communications from their loyalty programs. 74% prefer to be communicated with via email; 46% want to receive communications from three or more channels” – Maritz
The primary way to find success in your rewards program is by making customers aware that a loyalty program exists and they understand what the benefit to them is. It’s work that will pay off in the end with happy, loyal customers returning time and time again to your establishment!
Top Tips for Winning your Customers’ Loyalty
“57% of customers modify when and where they buy in order to maximize the loyalty benefits” – Maritz
- Visible marketing materials in your establishment. Have some tent cards and posters in high traffic areas (don’t forget posters in the washrooms!)
- Communicate! Set up a newsletter or blog to keep in touch with your loyalty clients. Highlight new products or special offers, useful tips & tricks and upcoming trends. Include a special offer in the newsletter or blog that your subscribers can take advantage of
- Use Social Media to Boost Engagement. Let your followers know that you now offer a rewards program. Ensure that a link to your app is on your Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc. Change up your loyalty rewards to reflect seasonal items or new products, spread the news on all of your social media accounts. Keep a pulse on customer comments, likes and shares on Facebook and Twitter. Happy customers will be sure to spread the word!
- Make Greener Marketing Choices: Do your part for the environment by researching and implementing a smartphone loyalty program that fits within your budget and reduces paper and plastic waste
- Make it Easy: There are so many punch cards floating around, it’s difficult to keep them all together without feeling the extra wallet weight. All your customers need, is their smartphone. So much easier than searching through all the cards stuffed in your wallet or purse
- Run a Loyalty Contest: The customer that gains the most stamps will win a gift card to your location. Not to mention the bragging rights that goes along with it
- Use email: All messages sent to loyalty program members result in 40% high open rates, 20% higher click through rates, and 10% higher sales revenue per message compared with emails sent to customers who aren’t (Experian)
- Get Staff Involved: Incentivize staff members to remind customers about the program. It gets staff in the habit of remembering to promote the program and reminds customers they can earn points
Need more tips to get creative with your loyalty rewards program? Download our free Loyalty Program eBook today.