Today, LinkedIn launched a new feature designed to collect leads via LinkedIn PPC. It works like this – By enabling this new feature the URL that connects an ad to a landing page will have a drop down with a request to contact feature.
Here’s what LinkedIn shared
You are invited to try a new feature designed to help you collect leads with LinkedIn Ads.
- So, what’s new?
With just a few clicks, you can enable lead collection with your campaign and contact leads directly on LinkedIn.
- How much does it cost?
Nothing. This feature will not cost anything beyond the cost of the click.
- How do I turn it on?
- Go to https://www.linkedin.com/ads/home
- Click on the advertising campaign that you wish to use for Lead Collection (or create a new campaign)
- Select the ‘Collect Leads’ option
- LinkedIn members who click on your ad are taken to your landing page with a single-click option to request contact (see below).
- Profiles of members who choose to be contacted will be shown in your Ads account under the Leads tab.
- You will be able to send a free follow-up message to them on LinkedIn.
The LinkedIn Ads Team
What does this mean?
For agencies and more advanced marketing teams this new feature won’t help much. However, for small businesses which are not proficient at building landing pages and constructing lead capture forms this new feature provides a nice way to capture leads and improve their inbound marketing capabilities. This is also a signal that social media intends to mature by adding more robust lead capture capability. For additional help using LinkedIn for inbound marketing feel free to download our LinkedIn Marketing Cheat Sheet.