Are you stuck in a rut?
What we can change and what we do have control over is how we think, approach things and apply solutions. These are the things we usually deal with daily in our lives.
I see people putting way too much focus on what they can’t do and not nearly enough focus and action on what they can.
Fear, routine, and habit can be such action, brand, and progress killers! If you want something to change then you have to put the actions in place and create the motion. Make a plan, have a process, and work on it every day.
Don’t let a lack of motivation and willingness lead you to hopelessness. There is always hope and a way through. Take actions you probably don’t believe in yet, trust your instincts and shake yourself up!
Here are 12 actions you can take that will help you get unstuck, move you in a new direction, improve your way of thinking, reach out with personal branding, and lead you to more hope and optimism.
- Look at what you are doing, who you are hanging out with, and what habits you have settled into.
Change people, places, and things that are not motivating and moving you forward. It will make a BIG difference.
- Change your routine. Go a different direction, change your route, switch the time of day you do certain things.
- Connect more with others. Don’t isolate, be more social and interactive and don’t try to handle everything yourself.
- Call friends and don’t wait for them to call you. Reach out and connect with people who make you feel good and you can talk honestly with.
- Read positive, uplifting, information daily that educates and motivates.
- Try a new hobby; be it cooking, tennis, painting or playing the guitar.
- Finish a project. Completing things then moving on to others can give us a sense of accomplishment even if it’s a small thing.
- Volunteer at something you believe in. Nothing works better than getting outside yourself and helping others to cure the feeling of being discouraged or sorry for yourself.
- Change a bad habit. It really is powerful for self esteem.
- Take a calculated risk or chance. What do you have to lose as long as it’s thoughtful and proactive.
- Be adventuresome and try something different. It’s actually quite exhilarating!
- Act as if. It’s a great way to practice and eventually it will move you closer to how you really want to be and feel!
Shake things up that will shake you up. Stop talking about what’s not happening and what you can’t do, and shift your focus more on what you can do and do it!
Full refund if it doesn’t dramatically change your mindset and outlook!
Deborah Shane is an author, entrepreneur, radio host and expert. She is the heart and soul of her business education and professional development company, Train with Shane and is in her third year of hosting a weekly business radio show on blogtalkradio.com. She writes for several national business, career and marketing blogs, and websites including smallbiztrends.com, careerealism.com, Internationalbusinesstimes.com, Smartbrief.com and blogher.com Her new book Career Transition-make the shift-the 5 steps to successful career reinvention is available now on amazon.com. Connect with her on Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn and Blogtalkradio @Deborah Shane, or visit www.deborahshane.com.