In the last couple of months, Instagram announced important upcoming updates that will urge many marketers to review and rethink their Instagram marketing strategies. In this article we will share with you the top things you will need to consider in order to adapt to the new changes.
How does the Instagram feed algorithm update impact your Instagram marketing strategy?
The new changes in the Instagram feed algorithm are likely to reduce the organic reach of you Instagram posts. Your Instagram posts will be shown to people who are more likely to care about them. The feed algorithm will work based on posting times, engagement rates, and previous post interactions. Find out more about the changes in Instagram’s feed algorithm in our previous article here.
Now that you know the most important factors that your posts’ success will depend on, it is time to reevaluate you previous posts’ performance. Based on the findings, you may discover the need to update your Instagram marketing strategy. What you can do is:
- Review your posts’ performance from the past 6 months.
- Find out what your 10 most successful and 10 least successful posts were.
- Analyze them:
- Are they photos or videos?
- What are the posts about?
- When did you post them (time and date)?
- What did you write in the post caption?
- What CTAs and hashtags did you use?
- Analyze the people who liked and comment under those posts:
- What kind of people reacted on those posts?
- Do the people match your target audience?
- Compare the results. The differences in your most successful and least successful Instagram posts might turn out to be the key to your Instagram posts’ success.
Use your findings to update your content and posting plan and create a strategy that will appeal the most to your target audience.
How to use the upcoming Instagram insights feature?
The Instagram insights feature that we talked about in this article will help you discover the demographics of your Instagram audience.
Knowing your followers’ demographics can help you deliver better content, as well as to identify gaps in your marketing strategy. You might discover that there is a consumer group, outside your target market, that is also interested in your products or services but the posts you publish simply don’t appeal to them.
You can use the new findings to curate content that will help you expand your market share.
Last but not least,
Are you posting enough video on Instagram?
Another great update that rolled out this year is the longer Instagram videos. You are now able to post 1-minute-long videos for your followers.
Users tend to spend more and more time watching Instagram videos, and Instagram is increasing their effort to popularize video content by featuring videos in the Discover screen.
Make sure to include more videos in your Instagram content calendar. Here are a couple of ideas for new video content for your Instagram page:
- Exciting company news and updates.
- New product release teasers.
- Product demonstrations.
- Customer testimonial videos.
- Live footage from industry events.
- Behind-the-scene footage.
- Q&A and FAQ videos.
You can also create and publish videos out of multiple clips – learn how here.
Additionally, here are some more ideas that you can try out:
- Remind your Instagram followers to turn on post notifications for your account.
- Increase engagement rates by asking more questions and answering on comments under your posts.
- Encourage your followers to tag their friends under your posts.
- Run an Instagram game or giveaway.
Do you plan to make any changes in your Instagram marketing strategy? Share with us in the comment section below.
Comments on this article are closed.