Are you wondering what Instagram stickers are?
Looking for more information about stickers on Instagram, where to find them and how to use them?
Instagram Stickers have made Instagram experience more interactive and fun. And what’s best, all you need is a bit of creativity to use them.
Here is everything you need to know about the Stickers, whether you use Instagram casually or are a power user.
What are Instagram stickers?
Instagram Stickers are graphic design elements that you can add to your images and videos.
There are many types of stickers to choose from based on how you want to use them.
Some stickers are animated, others allow you to mention your friends or share your location, and all of them allow you to make your Stories more engaging.
Overall, they look absolutely amazing when added to your Instagram posts or stories.
How to get and find stickers on Instagram
You can find Instagram stickers by clicking to create a new Story. Once you take a photo or a video, you can find them at the top right of your screen.
Just look for the smiley sticker icon, it’s the third in the bottom row, just like here:
Another way to find stickers is by swiping up after taking your photo or video.
Why add Instagram stickers
Instagram stickers can be fun to use. However, they can be also very useful for your brand. The different types of stickers can help your business engage with fans and feel closer to them.
For one, stickers can help you boost your engagement without being repetitive. They can help you grab your followers’ attention in a way that doesn’t feel too promotional and predictable.
Good use of stickers in your Stories can help you showcase your creativity to highlight your brand, your products, and your team.
And that’s the power of those stickers. They make your stores more engaging. And as I’m sure you know already, the more engaging your Stories are, the higher the chances to keep your followers coming back.
Types of stickers on Instagram
Well, that’s a difficult question to answer, actually because there are always new ones coming up. But for now, you can use the following stickers in your Stories:
- Donation sticker: It allows people to donate to nonprofits. By selecting the nonprofit sticker, you are able to choose the nonprofit of your choice to raise money for them through a fundraiser. Everyone who sees your sticker can click to Donate to support the cause.
- Quiz sticker: You can use the Quiz sticker to ask multiple-choice questions. For example, you can test your followers to find out how much they know about you. You can also customize the answers or even click on the dice at the bottom of the screen to find a random question.
- Countdown sticker: You can use this sticker to count down for any important moment. It allows you to customize the name, the date, the time, and even the color, which makes it even better for your brand. For example, you can use it to announce a new product or to celebrate an important milestone.
- Question sticker: The question sticker encourages your followers to ask you any questions. You can also use this sticker to ask your followers to send you song recommendations. It can be very engaging as you can also share the responses in new stories. You can also host AMA (ask me anything) sessions to feel closer to your followers.
- Music sticker: You can use the Music sticker to add music and lyrics to your Stories. It’s a fun way to make your Stories more engaging by picking the exact point of the song that you want to play and even the font that they lyrics will be displayed in. It’s also a good way to learn more about someone’s music taste!
- Poll sticker: A poll sticker allows you to add your own question to gather your followers’ votes on the most popular answer. It is a very popular option for brands and you can even add emojis instead of written answers to make your Story more fun.
- Location sticker: The location sticker allows you to share where you are based on your nearby options. It’s useful for local brands that want to promote their business as a way to encourage their customers to do so for improved awareness.
- Hashtag sticker: The hashtag sticker allows you to add a clickable hashtag to your Story. It’s very handy if you want to promote your brand’s custom hashtag so that others can tap on it to find out more about it.
- Time/weather sticker: You are able to share the time and the weather with stickers that can make your Stories more personal and possibly relevant to your followers.
- Selfie sticker: There is an option to share your selfie sticker to create more reactive Stories that feel authentic to your followers. Instagram is currently testing the option to introduce new selfie stickers that are rounded, fun and engaging. If this rolls out to everyone anytime soon, it could change the way we are sharing stories to make them more personal while putting our faces at the center of attention for engagement (in a good way!)
Four tips to boost your engagement with Instagram stickers
Instagram stickers can help your brand stand out. You can create content practically out of nothing and most importantly, you can boost your engagement rate.
If you are ready to add stickers to your Instagram strategy, here are four tips to consider.
#1. Test and learn
You don’t need to overthink the use of stickers to your Stories. The good thing with Instagram Stories is that the content doesn’t have to be perfect. Authenticity beats perfection any day. All you need is to test different stickers and how they can help you be more engaging.
#2. Be creative
Stickers can help you be creative in various ways. When you’re struggling on what to post, you can ask a question to involve your audience in your content planning. You can even ‘borrow’ ideas from others to push your creative boundaries!
#3. Think like your followers
All posts on social media should be about your followers, not your brand. When sharing a Story with stickers, think like your followers. What would make them participate? How can you be genuinely authentic?
#4. Make UGC the new norm
User-generated content (UGC) can help your brand find new content that comes directly through your followers. It’s a great tactic to discover new ideas while making your followers feel part of your strategy. You can ask questions and share the answers or you can encourage your followers to use your hashtag to share the best uses of it.
Instagram stickers are not just a fun feature to use with your friends. They can actually help your brand be more engaging in a format that many people enjoy.
You can also increase your awareness and social proof while building a connection with your followers.
The best tip to remember about Instagram Stickers is that they can tap into our inner child to help us express ourselves in a unique way.
It may sound simple but it can make your brand stand out once you master it!