How to build a successful blog?
1. Find the right niche
Ever think, “I wish someone would invent…”? That’s called a need, and it’s how many successful businesses are started. The same is true of blogs.
A successful blog must attract an engaged audience that keeps coming back for more, and one of the easiest ways to get such an audience is to find the right niche for your blog. Once you’ve got a niche targeted, it’s easier to organize content, tailor your social media engagement and focus your search engine efforts for long tail results.
2. Make mistakes, but learn from them
Everyone make mistakes in blogging at some point – even the pros! And, it’s okay – as long as you learn from your mistakes.
In one survey, WHSR asked bloggers what are their biggest mistake in blogging. And, here are the 3 most popular answers we have got.
- Not building an email list.
- Not focusing enough on inbound marketing.
- Perfection – Trying to do everything by yourself.
3. Create great blog content consistently
The single most important reason for people to visit your blog again and again is your content.
People do not come in to view your advertisements; they come in to read your content. Your writing therefore, is the most important thing on your blog. The time spent on writing high quality and engaging posts should be your top priority.
- Read often and organize your resources using Evernote
- Keep a list of headlines templates.
- Use a top-down method to speed up your writing
4. Elements of a great blogpost
There are many things that turn an okay or good blog post into a great one – the following are a few of those ways.
- Eye-catching titles and headlines
- Proper post segmentation.
- A relevant images.
- Easy to share
- Call to action
5. Grow your blog community
- Offer your readers something of value
- Truly connect with Facebook and Google+ community
- Leverage bigger sites such as Wikipedia, Slide Share, Pinterest, etc to get more traffics.
- A little controversy goes a long way
- Get right on all the SEO basics – pay attention to Page titles, keywords, on-site link structure, incoming links, site bounce rate, and content freshness.
Read more: 5 Powerful Steps to Your Blogging Success