At Nitrogram, we’re focused on building the best Instagram analytics and statistics Platform. Today, we’re sharing the first data about gender on Instagram.
Using a selection of public Instagram community members, we inferred data on usage of Instagram by gender. Here are our key findings:
Gender and Countries
- South-East Asia and Russia show a strong adoption by women. Thailand is the most women-dominated country with 65% of women
- Instagram is a man’s world in the Middle East and India. Saudi Arabia has 85% men!
- There are more men among top accounts (59% of Instagram users with over 10k followers are men)
- …but A-Listers are more equally split: 54% men vs 46% women among accounts with over 1 Million followers
Which audience for Instagram’s top brands?
- Top brands are followed by slightly more women than men (53% of top brands’ followers are women)
- Top brands with the “manliest” audience: Energy drinks and sports
- Top brands with the “most girly” audience: Cosmetics and fashion