In this day and age where people have been desensitized to aggressive advertisements that have nothing to do with their present needs, it is up for businesses to up their game and should start embracing the so-called “contextual advertising.” Although this concept might sound new to the ears of many, contextual advertising has actually been existing for years now and is considered the most effective form of digital advertising these days.
But before adopting this strategy, it is imperative to thoroughly understand how it works, how it costs, and most importantly how it can benefit your business. To further discuss this topic, here are the key takeaways of the infographic from Digital Marketing Philippines, which details everything business owners should know about contextual advertising.
- Contextual advertising is the strategy of delivering compelling ads to the customer on relevant websites.
- These ads fit the context of the content that the customer is consuming at that very moment in time.
- Contextual advertising takes in several factors to deliver relevant ads to the audience, including the language of the website, the location of the user, weather, time of the day, the device used, and even the past purchases of the user in the website.
- Contextual ad platforms usually use a web crawler to scan every URL in the website, and then match those URL in the ad server to find relevant campaigns.
- The cost of contextual advertising vary on the ad network you use as well as the format you want your ad message to be delivered and the level of competition in the keyword you are targeting.
- When done right, contextual advertising can provide your business with better performing PPC campaign, help you reach and promote to the right people at a lower cost, and execute a digital advertising strategy without the risk of breaching data protection and privacy regulations.
To learn more about contextual advertising, check out the infographic below.