MarketingProfs and the Content Marketing Institute have come together once more to conduct the 5th annual industry-wide survey of B2B content marketing. Comprised of 1,820 North American B2B marketers, these results present benchmarks, budgets, insights and trends for 2015.
Here are a few of the key takeaways from the report
- If you want to be an effective content marketer, you need a documented strategy (not just a verbal one!)
- 70% of B2B marketers are creating more content than a year ago.
- Only 21% of content marketers say they’re successful at tracking ROI.
- As far as marketing tactics go, Infographics had the greatest increase in usage from 51% to 62%.
- LinkedIn is the most popular (and most effective) social media channel for B2B marketers.
- In person events are the most effective tactics for B2B marketers.
- More than half of B2B marketers plan to increase their content marketing budget in 2015.
The study revealed that content marketers are creating more content than ever but are still struggling to track ROI, especially when they don’t document their strategy; see the full report for further details.
But for some quick highlights from the report, we’ve put together this infographic to help you digest the 40 page report at a glance.
This infographic was originally published by Francois Mathieu and Quentin Zancanaro on the Uberflip blog.