2015 has been dubbed “The Year of Video Marketing.”
Video is rumored to rank better on Google, it’s been known to get the best organic reach on Facebook, it’s the lifeblood of trend-setting content leaders like MTV and Redbull, it’s the focus of new social media networks, and it’s the type of content that marketers are willing to spend most on.
“The Year of Video Marketing” kind of makes sense for 2015, doesn’t it? An infographic from HighQ shares some essential video marketing facts that every brand owner should know… whether you’re thinking about toeing the waters of video or diving in headfirst.
23 Essential Video Marketing Facts
- Online video now accounts for 50% of all mobile traffic.
- 65% of video viewers watch more than ¾ of a video
- 78% of people watch videos online every week.
- 55% of people watch videos online every day.
- In 2015, experts believe that video will take up 57% of consumer internet traffic. That’s the equivalent of almost 4x as much as web browsing and email.
- By 2017, this will have risen to 69%.
- By 2018, this will have risen to 79%.
- More than 80% of senior executives watch more online video today than they did a year ago.
- 75% of business executives watch work-related videos at least weekly.
- 54% of senior executives share work-related videos with colleagues at least weekly.
- 59% of senior executives agree that if both text and video are available on the same topic on the same page, they prefer to watch the video.
- 69% of marketing, sales and business professionals have used video marketing and another 31% are planning to.
- 81% of people feature their video on their brand website.
- 93% of marketers use video for online marketing, sales, and communication.
- 96% of B2B companies are planning to use video in their content marketing over the next year.
- 52% of marketers believe that video marketing is effective for brand awareness, lead generation (45%), and online engagement (42%).
- 67% found video marketing “somewhat successful.”
- 18% found video marketing “very successful.”
- Using the word “video” in an email subject line boosts open rates by 19%.
- …increases CTR by 65%.
- …reduces unsubscribes by 26%.
- Sites that include video have on average an extra two-minute dwell time compared to sites that don’t.
- 52% of marketing professionals worldwide name video as the type of content with the best ROI.
2015: The Year of Video Marketing
Do you buy the hype? Has your brand tried video marketing? If not, what’s keeping you from giving it a go?
These are very interesting numbers, thanks! In my company we do not use video marketing yet. The reason is that it is quite time-consuming. But I definitely see the value of it.
Maybe this post about YouTube ranking factors is also interesting for you: http://www.amazeemetrics.com/en/blog/video-seo-how-to-get-your-videos-found-on-youtube
@Christina – if you never get started you will not learn how to become efficient at video marketing…once you do, time will be productive and efficient. My question to you is – what are you spending your marketing time on that you feel is more worthwhile?