Podcasting is completely changing the way content is being delivered to audiences. Sure, audio books, movies and commercials have always been around — but with podcasting, it’s now the individual content creators who are stepping up their game to a whole new level and revolutionizing the industry in the process!
For many of us, content creation came solely through the form of written content and maybe some video online. The problem with this is that with over a billion active sites online, it all becomes quite overwhelming. Throw in the idea of actually having to read a 1,000-word article for 10-20 minutes and you’ve already lost half of your audience.
With podcasting, everything has changed. Here are just a few reasons why:
- It’s free and easy to access
- Apple iTunes is already used by most people
- Pick and choose who and what you want to listen to
- Episode lengths of all sizes to fit your schedule and needs
- The power of engagement is 1,000+ greater than reading text
It’s also not just content creators and online marketers who are getting into the podcasting space. It’s also quickly getting flooded by celebrities, brands and businesses around the world, further giving it legitimacy and reach.
Take a look at some of the top business podcasts making the rounds on iTunes right now. Familiar names like Gary Vaynerchuk, Michael Hyatt, Jim Cramer and Michael Stelzner make the list, but you will also find new players in this space daily as well — right in the New and Noteworthy section.
All of this further comes together and proves the point that anyone can start a podcast of their own and build their own audience. If you are still sitting on the sidelines and looking for a reason to start a podcast, here’s five to help you get started.
Podcasting is legit and it’s here to stay. It’s not just a way to grow your brand and reach new audiences, it’s also about taking that relationship to a whole new level. Imagine the engagement you have when physically talking or listening to someone, versus reading an article they wrote. Now also throw in the ability to accomplish this same goal while working out at the gym or commuting to and from work on a daily basis.
With all of that being said, let’s take a look at 12 must-listen podcasts for savvy marketers, as originally listed by John Rampton in one his recent Forbes articles. In addition to the quick summary of all recommended business podcasts below, we also have a full visual infographic for you to follow as well.
12 Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs You Can’t Afford to Miss
- Business Mistakes – Business Mistakes has already received more than 150 five-star ratings and features various industry leaders who talk about their life-changing mistakes and the steps they did to rise after the blunder.
- PNR: This Old Marketing – Robert Rose and Joe Pulizzi puts their audience in the know about the latest trends and strategies in content marketing, this podcast is for you.
- The Solopreneur – Hosted by Michael O’Neal, Solopreneur aims to help those who consider themselves unemployable by leading them to the correct path to becoming successful on their own terms.
- Mixergy – Listen to Andrew Warner as he interviews the best of the best and asks them uncomfortable and thought-provoking questions to bring out the greatest success and heart-wrenching failures of his guests.
- Entrepreneur On Fire – Get into the minds of today’s entrepreneurs and leading business experts from John Lee Dumas’ award-winning podcast, EOFire or Entrepreneurs on Fire.
- Growth Everywhere – The Growth Show is the business podcast of HubSpot. It is dedicated to helping leaders and business people grow their ideas, businesses, a movement, or a team.
- The Growth Show – Growth Everywhere is a podcast dedicated to growing your business and your personal growth; thus, the namesake.
- Smart Passive Income – Smart Passive Income is what it is – helping you find passive income resources so that you have more time to pursue your other endeavors. It is packed with stories and lesson Pat Flynn, the founder, has experienced.
- Manager Tools – If you want to become a better manager and gain invaluable insight how to manage your team, Manager Tools has very comprehensive tools and resources to help you achieve that goal.
- The James Altucher Show – Psychologist and best-selling author, James Altucher does not just bring you business insights but also about finding your passion and purpose and build it to bring you profit.
- EntreLeadership – EntreLeadership is hosted by Ken Coleman, it includes lively discussions about business and leadership that can add more to your knowledge and insight.
- Rise of the Entrepreneur – Zac Johnson has interviewed hundreds of entrepreneurs that spill the beans on the best tips and tricks to launch, grow and have a successful business.
12 Must-Listen Marketing Podcasts for Entrepreneurs Infographic