For most employers, a phone interview is one of the first steps that they take to get to know a potential employee.
Phone interviews are popular as a sort of pre-screening method. It enables employers to pose a few qualifying questions to any job applicant, without having to set aside a lot of time or energy. If a job seeker does well on a phone interview, then the chances are pretty good that they will be called into the office for the next step.
For employers who are looking to really separate the cream of the crop from the other applicants, it is important to ask the proper questions. It is the answer to these questions that will allow an employer to get a good feel about not only the working ability of the applicant, but also their personality.
Here are some examples of proper qualifying questions to ask a potential employee:
- Please take me through your CV and highlight what is most important to you.
- Tell me how your co-workers would describe you?
- What is it about this organisation that is most interesting to you?
- Explain to me a time where you had to work as a team to solve an issue at the office.
- What are some of the personal characteristics you are most proud of?
- Have you made a major mistake before at work? How did you overcome it?
- How would you manage this role to become an asset to the firm?
The above questions are general examples. It is also important to keep in mind any questions that might be very specific to your industry.
For example, if you are offering a sales job, then asking about prior sales figures would be advisable. Other jobs might require much more in terms of education or technical skills than others; accountancy jobs require quite specific skills with a high understanding which any employer will want to ask about.
As you continue conducting phone interviews and having success then it will become quite clear what questions will be the best indicators of great potential employees. But, having a successful phone interview will be the perfect first step into getting someone who will provide great value into the organisation.
This article is provided by Abbey Telecom, a leading installer of telephone systems in London, and a friendly family owned firm. For more information on the phone systems installations and maintenance services they provide, please visit their website.