If you’re running a college site, the chances are that you have many users visiting your site at once—and if they’re all trying to access the same file simultaneously, it won’t work as well as it should. Additionally, if your site is down for any reason—whether because of an outage or something that happened with the server itself—that will affect your visitors negatively.
WordPress hosting for colleges is a great way to ensure this doesn’t happen! With WordPress hosting for colleges, you’ll be able to get everything from apps and plugins to security features and even business solutions (like eCommerce) all in one place!
The problem with this market is that there are so many different types of providers out there, each offering various kinds of solutions at other price points. As a result, it can be challenging to know where to start when looking for a reliable eCommerce website hosting provider—especially if you don’t have much experience in the area yet.
That’s why we created this guide—to help everyone who needs quality WordPress hosting for colleges find what they need quickly and easily!
Best WordPress Hosting for Colleges: Top 10 List
Here are 10 of our favorite hostings companies that offer WordPress hosting for colleges:
- Kinsta – Overall Best WordPress Hosting for Colleges
- Siteground – Lightning Fast Server Setup
- WP Engine – Excellent and Simple Website Security
- WPX Hosting – Free Migrations
- Bluehost – Easiest to Get Started
- A2Hosting – Extremely Fast
- CampusPress – Easy to Customize
- AccuWebHosting – 100% free Hosting for Students
- iPage – Unlimited Memory Offer
- HostGator – Affordable and High-Value
WordPress Hosting for Colleges – Compared
Choosing the right web host for your website is a complex process. There are many factors to consider, and it can be difficult to tell which companies are best for your needs. In this article, we’ll look at some of the most reliable WordPress hosting for your college journey.
It is essential to locate a service that can ensure 100% uptime and give the performance that is consistent over time. The following is a breakdown of some of our most highly recommended choices.
1. Kinsta – Best Fully Managed Servers
Kinsta’s hosting architecture is constructed on incredibly powerful servers, so your websites will have ample CPU and RAM. In addition, this platform utilizes the Google Cloud Platform, whose data centers offer compelling network connections. According to independent reviews, Kinsta is the quickest WordPress host on the market.
- Monitoring of the application’s performance is already built-in – Kinsta APM, their WordPress-specific performance monitoring tool, can help you pinpoint the root causes of your site’s slowness. As a part of all of our subscriptions.
- Content delivery network around the world – Cache your assets at one of our 200+ locations worldwide for lightning-fast page load times and to serve them closer to your website users.
- Starter- $35
- Pro- $70
- Level 1 – $115
- Level 2 – $225
- Level 3 – $340
- Level 4 – $450
- Level 1 – $675
- Level 2 – $1,000
- Level 3 – $1,350
- Level 4 – $1,650
- Fully-managed servers are available in various locations, several of which are exclusive to Kinsta.
- Excellent for small and large web design firms.
- High-traffic WordPress blogs will benefit from this plugin.
- Significant pricing differences between platforms for marginal benefits.
- In Asian countries than in North America and Europe.
2. Siteground – Lightning Fast Dedicated cPanel
SiteGround is an excellent host for both new and established WordPress applications. Their service is rock-solid, safe, and lightning-fast, thanks to exclusive WordPress-specific capabilities.
- Build a site – Create a website quickly and easily with the widely used WordPress site builder, which has been optimized for a simple beginning.
- Migrate a site – This platform allows you to successfully expand your company’s online presence by transferring your WordPress website to SiteGround.
- Sell Online – Increase your online sales with our WooCommerce hosting, developed specifically for online stores.
- Their platform is constructed on the premium Google cloud architecture, ensuring the highest levels of dependability, security, and performance. For the best site speed and a high redundancy level, we use their fast network and SSD permanent storage by taking advantage of both features.
- Ultrafast server setup – To achieve excellent website performance, Siteground built a customized implementation of PHP and MySQL. As a result, your web pages will load an average of thirty percent more quickly thanks to their PHP configuration, which considerably reduces the TTFB (time to the first byte).
- StartUp- $3.99/mo
- Growbig- $6.69/mo
- GoGeek- $10.69/mo
- Even for the largest server packages, the value is incredible.
- Dedicated cPanel linked to the building of WordPress sites is extremely quick in locations across the world.
- WordPress sites are not the only ones that may be hosted on this server.
- Sites with high traffic should avoid using this extension.
- Having a shared server means that CPU speeds could be affected.
3. WP Engine – Excellent Bandwidth for Large Websites
The WordPress dashboard on WP Engine includes a page performance tool that shows you exactly how long it takes for a page to load. Simply put, it analyzes every step of the page load and then tells you what areas are delayed.
- Enjoy award-winning expert support – Customized onboarding, technical health assessments, and executive business reviews are provided by a dedicated success team that works with you.
- Time-saving website security – Plan regular updates, scheduled upgrades, and daily backups to keep you focused on improving your business and not worrying about website upkeep.
- Create a mobile-friendly website in minutes – With a single click, you can choose to migrate a site to WordPress. Or, you can start building your site using WordPress’s collection of free themes and developer tools.
- Consistently excel – WordPress-optimized solutions with built-in burst capacity can help you achieve peak performance.
- Startup- $20/mo
- Professional- $50/mo
- This plugin best serves large WordPress sites.
- Dedicated servers with increased bandwidth for e-commerce platforms.
- It can be used in a variety of settings.
- Incredibly fast, even on the busiest pages.
- More costly than most.
- Not as adaptable for smaller sites.
4. WPX Hosting – Superb Migration Support
WPX provides its customers with a content delivery network (CDN) created specifically for them by WPX. The team at WPX is constantly making adjustments and updates to its Cloud CDN to ensure that WordPress runs as smoothly as possible.
- WordPress Migration Service for Free – WPX Hosting offers a free site transfer.
- Provider of Email – Email is included in all WPX Hosting plans. This allows you to use your website’s domain name to send and receive emails.
- Easy-to-understand Management Display – Your account information and services and any open support tickets may be accessed through the WPX Hosting dashboard.
- Business- $20.83/mo
- Professional- $41.58/mo
- Elite- $83.25/mo
- Super-fast for modest blogs and webpages
- Excellent migration support
- Mid-sized sites with heavy resource utilization lose speed.
5. Bluehost – Cost-Friendly Unlimited Site Hosting
Consistent and Reliable Stability Products and services offered by Bluehost are developed to improve WordPress websites in terms of speed, design, and overall performance. It’s just part of our job.
- Get Started Fast- Give your website a name, decide on a layout, and then begin construction by choosing the appropriate hosting package.
- Built For Results- Optimize with the freedom to design, the tools to sell, the informative insights, and the scalable growth.
- Shared hosting- $2.95/mo
- Website builder- $2.95 /mo
- Unlimited sites for a fraction of the main package
- WordPress-only servers
- High dedicated server cost
6. A2 Hosting – Excellent WordPress Knowledge Base for Newbies
With A2 Hosting, servers are not only high-performing but also dependable. WordPress Web Hosting is incredibly reliable because they are optimized and guaranteed by the platform’s 99.9%Uptime Commitment.
- Internet Service Provider (ISP)- With shared web hosting, you get access to all of A2’s capabilities at a lower price than a dedicated server.
- Hosts for WordPress- The platform’s Managed WordPress Hosting provides speed and performance with a complete set of features and Turbo speed and performance.
- Managed VPS- $43.99/mo
- Startup Shared- $2.99 /mo
- Turbo Boost Hosting- $6.99/mo
- Managed WordPress- $11.99 /mo
- Dedicated Servers- $105.99/mo
- Extreme speed. This is a fast web host.
- WordPress knowledge base.
- Friendly, speedy WordPress support.
- Their pricing is greater than some entry-level plans.
7. CampusPress – Robust Educational Administrative Functionality
WordPress site solutions for schools, school districts, colleges, and institutions are provided by CampusPress. Schools, blogs, and portfolios are powered by their services.
- Website enhancements – WordPress is flexible and easy to use. Thus it powers one-third of websites. In addition, CampusPress delivers scalable WordPress capabilities for educational organizations.
- Educational multi-site web apps- CampusPress provides stable, secure, and hassle-free learning-focused web services for teachers and students.
Unfortunately, CampusPress does not disclose any information about its pricing on its website.
- Educational administrative features
- Unlimited data/bandwidth
- Campuspress’s UI is a downside.
8. AccuWebHosting – Multiple Web Hosting Options
AccuWebHosting provides web hosting services for individuals, small businesses, and large corporations. With this program, students can “pay the increasing cost of college and establish a successful tech job,” as the company puts it.
- CloudOS – AccuWebHosting gives students free CloudLinux hosting. CloudLinux isolates users and boosts server speed and security.
- cPanel – Free student hosting includes cPanel access. You can manage files, email, and databases all from the same place in the UI.
AccuWebHosting offers a 100% free hosting platform for students
- It has a wide range of web hosting options.
- Both VPS and DS hosting can safeguard and back up your data.
- Windows hosting doesn’t feature unlimited email.
9. iPage – No Memory Limit
There’s no need for a catch regarding low-cost web hosting. IPage allows you to get a website up and running in just a few minutes and then expand as your business grows. Plus, you’ll get top-notch features at a fraction of the price.
- Anytime, anywhere help- They’ll help if you’re stuck—24/7 client service.
- The platform is scalable- After launching a website, keep going. Adding resources is easy.
- Special Intro- $1.99/mo
- Provider of infinite websites
- Unlimited memory
- Multiple-domain hosting is no longer easy.
10. HostGator – Low Costing Services
There are several web hosting businesses to choose from when you begin your search. HostGator’s plans have a few unique features and benefits that make them stand out from the competition. HostGator’s low-cost hosting services ideal for small businesses. No matter your package, you’ll have unrestricted storage and network bandwidth.
- Availability- You can call or chat with them 24/7/365. HostGator’s live assistance available whenever you need help.
- Service-rich- HostGator offers website migrations, custom web design, and SEO Services.
- Hatchling- $2.75/mo
- Baby- $2.75/mo
- Business- $2.75/mo
- Unlimited storage space on the disk
- Unlimited Bandwidth
- Previous site performance wasn’t great.
What is WordPress Hosting for Colleges?
WordPress hosting is a service that allows you to get your website up and running in a matter of minutes. With WordPress hosting, you don’t need to worry about installing or configuring any software on your computer. Instead, you can use the web-based control panel with your hosting plan to manage everything from one central location.
Today, WordPress powers hundreds of millions of websites. A free and open-source content management system (CMS) offers excellent flexibility in terms of customization, design, and functionality. As a result, many colleges and universities use WordPress as their website platform because it’s easy to use and cost-effective.
However, the hosting services provided by WordPress may not be enough for all users. For example, running a college that generates a lot of traffic daily may encounter crashes and other unexpected bugs.
Many opt to host their WordPress sites on a third-party platform to avoid this. These platforms each have their benefits and offer something different for every type of website owner.
How to Choose a WordPress Hosting Provider for Colleges?
When choosing a host for your WordPress site, you will want to look for a few key things. Listed below are the most important criteria.
Ease of Use
The first thing to look for in a WordPress hosting provider is that it should be easy to use. There’s no point in paying for enterprise-level hosting if you can’t access your site or if it takes forever to set up. Instead, you want to start immediately, so you can focus on building your brand without getting bogged down with technical details.
You want your site to be secure, meaning you must ensure that your hosting provider has good security practices. They should offer regular updates and patches to their software and monitor any vulnerabilities or breaches on the server.
Your site needs to scale with your needs, which means it should be able to handle high traffic loads easily. For example, if you’re planning on using WordPress’ built-in caching system (W3 Total Cache), you’ll want an enterprise-level host that offers SSDs and high-speed connections between their servers so your site can load quickly even under heavy load conditions; this is especially important if you have a lot of student users who will be accessing the site at once!
Looking for the best WordPress hosting for colleges in 2019? I’ve reviewed most of the top WordPress hosts and shared my findings in the table below. For a more detailed breakdown, read my in-depth reviews above.
|Hosting Provider||Cost per month||Storage||Rating|
|WP Engine||$20||10 GB||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|A2 Hosting||$11.95||50 GB||⭐⭐⭐⭐|
|AccuWeb Hosting||Free||2 Gb||⭐⭐⭐|
How to Choose WordPress Hosting for Colleges
There are many providers offering WordPress hosting, but not all of them are suitable for colleges. To choose the right provider, you need to consider the following features:
WordPress is free, so it’s essential to find a cheap hosting provider that offers the best service at an affordable price. A good option is Bluehost, which offers a 2-year plan for $4.95 per month and allows you to host unlimited domains for one account.
It should be noted that many WordPress security plugins can protect your site from hackers, but they often come with a cost and require some time to set up correctly. If you’re starting with your website and don’t have much technical knowledge yet, it’s better to look for a secure WordPress hosting company that provides these features as standard rather than paying extra for them later on down the line when things go. Wrong!
Conclusion: What is the best WordPress Hosting Provider for Colleges?
We’ve looked at all the best WordPress college hosting providers and are ready to share our conclusions.
The best WordPress is the Green greeks. They offer ample space to store your files, excellent customer support, and good features. In addition, they have a great combination of features and prices, making them stand out from their competitors.
They also have a few extra features that make them stand out from their competitors. For example, they include a free SSL certificate with all plans, which will help you to protect your site from hackers trying to access it. Additionally, they offer one-click installation so you can start your website as soon as possible!
These are the faqs about WordPress hosting for colleges: Top 10 Providers for 2022. We gather them from our website and put them here for new people who need a refresher.