When you’re choosing which casino to join, you should ensure that it offers a suitable choice of online casino payment methods. The best sites are those that offer a comprehensive range of options, including cards, eWallets, and cryptocurrencies. In this way, you’ll benefit from secure, fast, and low-cost transfers. In this guide, we’ve explained the pros and cons of different casino banking methods to help you choose the right method for you.
Top Casino Payment Methods
Deciding which banking options to use at online casinos is a personal choice. To make the best choice, you should first understand your gaming preferences, such as, if you intend to place small deposits frequently or are looking to reduce any processing fees as much as possible. You should then read through our list of the most popular options.
There are several different bank cards that you can use to deposit funds instantly. Credit and debit cards are the most popular, though gift cards and prepaid cards are also quite common. These casino banking options are easy to use and most players would likely already own them, so no additional account registration is needed.
Pros & Cons:
- Provide instant deposits
- Accepted at the vast majority of all online casinos
- Extremely secure and easy to use
- Debit and credit cards Can be subject to high processing fees
- May not be available for withdrawal
eWallets developed just as online casinos were launching. These innovative banking providers increased the security of online transfers at a time when many were not comfortable sharing their bank card details. Apart from being one of the safest banking options, eWallets provide instant deposits and fast withdrawals at no extra cost.
Pros & Cons:
- Suitable for deposits and withdrawals
- Free to transfer funds to and from the online casino
- Act as an intermediary between your bank and casino accounts
- Available through downloadable mobile apps
- Fewer casinos accept them since they are expensive for operators
- Are sometimes excluded from promotions
Transferring funds directly from your bank account to your casino account is still possible and popular. While this can be a relatively slower casino banking option, it is ideal for higher-value transfers. Moreover, by linking your account to suitable providers, you’ll be able to experience faster transfers and lower fees.
Pros & Cons:
- Subject to the casino’s highest payment limits
- Safe and easy to use, even on mobile
- Options exist to make transfers quicker
- Available at most online casinos
- Could link your savings directly to your casino account
- Transfers are usually subject to a processing fee
In recent years, cryptocurrencies have become the favorite casino banking method for players looking for low-cost transfers, better bonuses, and anonymous gambling. The popularity of these digital currencies has not gone unnoticed by operators, and today, numerous platforms only accept cryptocurrency deposits and withdrawals.
Pros & Cons:
- Can be used for very small and very large-value transfers
- Keep your gambling activity private
- Typically provide players with higher-value bonuses than fiat currencies
- Provide fast deposits and withdrawals
- The value of highly volatile coins changes frequently
- Less support is available in case of a hack
The Best Methods for Online Casino Deposits
You should be able to use all the listed banking options to deposit funds instantly at online casinos. Wire transfers are sometimes not listed as a deposit option, but if you intend to make a high-value payment, the casino’s customer care team might be able to arrange it via online payment.
The Best Casino Payment Methods for Low Minimum Deposits
Several casinos are able to accept minimum deposits of $10 or less through cryptocurrencies and other casino payment options. These sites are well-suited for casual players looking to play slots and other games every once in a while. However, you might need to place a higher-value payment to be able to claim online casino bonuses, so it’s important to read through the T&Cs.
Withdrawal Speed of Different Payment Methods
One of the many differences between the best casino payment methods is their payout speeds. While fast and instant withdrawals are available with some options, others can take days to reach you. In the following table, we’ve compared the average withdrawal speed of popular casino banking methods.
|Casino Payment Method||Payment Method Type||Withdrawal Allowed?||Average Withdrawal Time|
|Debit/Credit Cards||Bank Card||✅||3 – 5 business days|
|Gift/Prepaid Cards||Bank Card||❌||N/A|
|eWallets||eWallet||✅||0 – 24 hours|
|eCheck||Bank Transfer||✅||2 – 3 business days|
|Trustly||Bank Transfer||✅||6 – 24 hours|
|Wire Transfer||Bank Transfer||✅||5 – 15 business days|
|Bitcoin/Ethereum/Litecoin||Cryptocurrency||✅||0 – 6 hours|
Online Casino Withdrawal Problems
If you are having difficulties withdrawing your funds, you should do the following:
- Check your inbox – If there was an issue with your transfer, you’ll probably be notified by email. If this is your first withdrawal, you might need to verify your account or use alternative online casino banking methods.
- Speak to customer care – Contact the casino’s support team to find out whether there are issues with online payments or any other type of resolvable issue.
- Contact your payment provider – If the casino’s customer care team were unable or unwilling to help, speak to the support team of your chosen payment provider.
- Make a complaint to the gambling commission – If the casino is licensed, you can file a complaint or request assistance from the regulating authority. Curacao casinos, for example, are regulated by the Curacao Gaming Control Board.
- Take legal action – In the most extreme of cases, you may consider suing the casino. Consider this action carefully, as it could end up costing you much more than the value of your withdrawal.
While these actions can help you when you have problems with your casino withdrawal, you can avoid such difficulties by only playing at the best real money online casinos. These sites have been thoroughly analyzed by our casino experts and have a reputation for dealing with customer queries and complaints in a professional manner.