Make Your Fan Page Better
With This Simple Cheat-Sheet!
If you know anyone serious about improving their Facebook fan page, be sure to pass this along!
ShortStack has released a cool infographic to jump start your results!
Facebook Page Checklist:
- “About” section: is your website URL the first thing listed?
- Additional “About” section: Are you providing links to your company’s other social channels, like your Twitter account and blog?
- Cover photo: is it well-designed and does it meet Facebook’s Guidelines?
- Cover photo description: when someone clicks on your cover photo, do you have a photo description with information, a call to action, or links?
- Profile photo: does it clearly reflect your brand?
- App thumbnails: are the three most important apps featured as “favorite” apps, and do the app thumbnails include a call to action or have a promising label?
- “Talking about this number”: Divide your “Talking about this number” by your Page’s total number of Likes. This will calculate your Page’s engagement from the past seven days. Average Page engagement is two percent. If you’re below two percent, your content strategy needs to be adjusted.
- Content strategy
- Exclusive content: What are you offering your Facebook fans that they can’t get anywhere else?
- Branding: What does your brand say about the users who like your Page?
- Commenting: Are you engaging back with your Facebook fans? You should be Liking their comments and responding to all their questions.
- Industry opportunities
Time to tweak those Facebook Pages!
In case you’re not familiar with it, the 70/20/10 rule of social media follows that you of the stuff you are sharing, 70% should be adding value or building your brand, 20% should sharing other’s posts/ideas, and 10% should be promoting yourself or your business. A very healthy balance!
What was your favorite tip?