Facebook is making changes (yes, yet again) to Business Pages, with a new design!
It’s a more streamlined layout, consistent with your current Facebook Personal Profile and will look the same on desktop and mobile devices, which is important.
The update started rolling out last week and will gradually get to all Pages. Facebook Page admins will see a notice in their Admin Panel that looks like this:
When you click the “Join Waitlist”, you will get a notice that looks like this:
Here’s a quick overview of the changes and what you can expect:
- Single Column Format for Posts: The right hand side will now be one column page posts. You no longer need to go back and forth to see posts on the left and right.
- Left Column for Business Info: Including a map, hours of business, contact info, website URL, photos and videos, and number of page likes.
- Easier Access to Key Admin Tools: You can now view info on ads running, new likes, unread notifications and messages no matter where you are on your Page. There are also new navigation options to the top of the Page, making it easier to access your activity, insights and settings. The Build Audience menu at the top of the Page offers direct access to your Ads Manager account
- Thumbnail App Tabs Buried: Your tabs no longer exist as boxes immediately below your cover photo like this:
They will now show in the left hand column under a section called “APPS” and will also appear under the “More” drop down tab.
- Pages to Watch: This feature is in the Page Insights tool to all admins. Pages to Watch allows admins to create a list of Pages similar to their own and compare the performance of their Page with that of other businesses, i.e. competitors and partners.
Let’s hope these (yet again) changes will have a positive impact on our Facebook Pages, our marketing and our busine$$!
Let me know what you think…