/* Style Definitions */
{mso-style-name:”Table Normal”;
mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt;


Facebook has continued to be one of the top social media websites used by small and large businesses alike. Many companies have even increased their digital marketing budgets to allow for more Facebook marketing. In fact, according to Hubspot, 55% of marketers worldwide have increased their digital marketing budgets, while 52% of all marketers have found a customer using Facebook.

If you haven’t quite generated the amount of leads or customers you want from this social media tool, these tips will help you get the website traffic and popularity you are looking for using Facebook.

facebook-personal-page-promoted-postsPosts Don’t Always Have to be Company-Related

Instead of constantly posting promotional links or articles, let your audience know about something going on in your personal life to give your Facebook page a more lifelike feel. For example, if you have gone on a trip or had something entertaining happen to you, let your fans know about it through pictures and text. Your audience will be able to connect with you more on a personal level if you remind them that you are more than just an employee or business owner.

Of course, keep most of your posts business-related by following the 80/20 rule: 80% of your posts should be related to your brand or business, while the other 20% should have something to do with your personal life.

respond-to-fb-commentsRespond to Comments

Don’t leave your audience hanging by not responding to their comments on your Facebook page. Did someone post how much they like your product? Or did they have a question or concern with your products or services? Whatever may be written on your wall needs to be responded to. Let fans know how important their comments are by writing a simple reply to their post in order to keep the dialogue going and keep your audience engaged.

call-to-actionCreate a Call to Action

Sometimes all it takes is a sense of urgency to give people a reason to visit a website or make a purchase. This could mean telling your audience that the first 100 people to post on their wall, purchase a product, or give their opinion on a specific topic will get a free eBook or other promotional item. Another example would be to host a live podcast that can only be listened to at a certain time. It’s amazing at what people will do when they know their time is limited to respond to a call of action.

engaging-content-facebookHave Educational and Engaging Content

Articles and videos should not only be to sell a product or service, but should also include helpful content that fans can use. This could include anything that your customers will find interesting in your industry. Your audience will be more likely to read and “like” your posts if it contains useful information.

Make the Most of Word-of-Mouth

One of the most powerful marketing tools is word-of-mouth because most people trust brands or companies that their friends or family recommend. To get people talking about your company, create a contest or reward system that customers can win by spreading the word about your business.

monitor-fb-pageMonitor the Facebook Page

In order to do this, you need to ask yourself what you are trying to achieve on your page. Do you want more leads or likes? Do you want to get a specific amount of sales using the social marketing medium? Once you know what your objective is, track the success of your posts to find out how much traffic is coming to your website.

I predict Facebook will continue to thrive as an in demand marketing tool. With these tips you’ll be making the most of your Facebook campaign, increasing traffic to your website and generating new relationships.