Business owners have a lot to keep track of. It’s likely you don’t have the time, resources, or even experience to manage every little aspect of the business. This includes managing how customers prefer to be contacted, their purchasing history, and other important information and dates such as birthdays. Email marketing automation software is the solution to your problems. These email marketing automation tools track all that information for you and work automatically to send the right email to the right person at the right time.
Let’s take a closer look at the automation of email, including the benefits of doing it, and what it all means for you and your business.
What Is Email Marketing Automation?
Automated email marketing takes all of the information you have on your customers and keeps it organized so that when you send messages to your customer base, the emails are targeted according to the collected data. The software helps you create personalized emails to reach the right audience with the best message for them at the perfect time. You can connect all your analytics with an email marketing platform to target your audience based on buyer preferences, previous purchases, customer behavior, and more.
What Makes Email Marketing Automation So Effective?
To sum it up, there are several reasons to invest in automated emails.
Email Marketing has the Highest Return on Investment
Email marketing is still the most effective strategy in terms of ROI. For instance, it generates an average of $40 per $1 spent on sending emails.
Billions of People Use Emails
Email marketing is great because of how many people use emails. Email is the most common form of communication with roughly half of the world connected via email. There are almost four billion active email accounts, with another half billion expected by the end of 2024.
Better Customer Retention
80% of professionals agree that using email marketing automation tools helps to gain new customers and retain existing ones. Therefore, as a small business owner, having these tools on your side can help you get the most out of your existing customer base without burning through your marketing budget.
Better Targeted Messages
68.5% of marketers believe that using automation improved the targeting for messages. Messages are opened and interacted with the least over the weekend. Targeting emails generates eight times more click-throughs than sending typical bulk emails. Additionally, targeted messages also have reduced spam and unsubscribe rates.
Importantly, automated emails are used for many different purposes. For example, you can use automation for:
- Welcome emails
- Transactional emails
- Promotional sales emails
- Blog updates
- Invites and reminders
- Upselling emails
- Automated Thank You email
- Emails targeted to specific customers based on dates such as birthdays and holidays
Fire up some automated email response examples and harness the power of these critical driving forces for yourself. You don’t need to sit behind the computer and stress about sending the perfect marketing email. You don’t need to go through the infinite data pool on customers to determine the best marketing strategy to reach them. Automated marketing email does it all for you, letting you save plenty of time and money.
As your business grows and you get more and more customers, it gets even more difficult to keep up with all the important information for specific customers. Even so, you want to ensure there’s a personal touch to your marketing. Email marketing automation software helps to manage and care for existing customers while creating and pursuing new leads. When used properly, email marketing automation converts leads into customers and current customers into loyal repeat buyers.
Email Marketing Automation Benefits
In a major survey of 585 people (PDF), 30% of professionals said the biggest benefit of using email marketing is how much time it saves. Here are some of the other major benefits:
- Lead Generation – 22% of people said lead generation was the main benefit of using email marketing automation. When new people sign up for the email list, the marketing team can start sending them targeted messages.
- Increased Revenue – 17% of people said the biggest benefit of automation was increased revenue. Every message sent to a customer is a new opportunity for them to engage with your business and trigger new sales.
- Customer Retention – 11% of respondents said customer retention was the main benefit. Sending a steady supply of messages to customers shows people you know who they are and that you want to continue a relationship with them.
- Tracking and Monitoring Campaigns – 8% of respondents said that tracking and monitoring campaigns was the main benefit of automation. They said they could use the data to track mid-and-low funnel responses by segment and track responses by segment for their marketing campaigns.
- Shorter Sales Cycles – Email marketing helps you reach customers as quickly as possible. 21% of emails are opened within an hour of arrival and 41% are opened within three hours.
- Creating Better Customer Experiences – Email marketing is good for customers as well. Use these systems to create a personalized customer experience to keep customers happy.
In conclusion, email marketing automation is a great way to boost sales. Take advantage of our tips to make your campaign the best it can be.