An email list allows you to update your customers and prospects on new contents and developments on your business. It’s an effective way to keep in touch with your existing customer base and entice potential buyers.
Attending business conferences and expos gives entrepreneurs an opportunity to reach out to a wide audience of prospects. As a business owner, grab this opportunity by getting attendees into your email list and turn them into potential customers.
Here’s how you can build an email list during live events:
1. Prepare signup sheets.
Be sure to have forms ready on a table in your exhibit. Ask visitors if they want to receive weekly newsletters or any email campaigns you have. Include only necessary fields in your signup forms. Don’t over-complicate.
Make the signup convenient for your prospects by having only the necessary information and fields on your signup form. Avoid any extras. Your signup form should include the following:
- A few sentences on top explaining to them what they are signing up for
- A statement telling them that the information they provide will not be shared or used for other purposes
- A clean space where they will write their names and email addresses
2. Ensure the signup process is efficient.
While you are talking to attendees about your product or service, don’t just have them idly standing. Make the offer of having them in your email list by letting them write down their details on your signup forms. If you are closing a purchase, have a customer sign up while she waits for you to wrap up. This makes the whole process efficient, effective and not time-consuming.
3. Follow up. When you get back from the event, add the new subscribers to your database. Do this as soon as you can while the event is still fresh in the minds of your new subscribers. Once you’ve added them, they should receive an email to confirm their subscription.
A live event isn’t just a place where you can exhibit your business. Make the most out of it by expanding your email list to attract new potential buyers.