Many believe email marketing is on the verge of dying because all the other online marketing services (e.g. social media, search engine optimization, mobile marketing) have taken over today. However, this isn’t true. Email marketing is still one of the most profitable ways of marketing your business today because it allows your business to drive a better ROI. It also allows your business to create deeper relationships with more people at only a small amount of what traditional advertising costs. Some of the other great reasons to engage in email marketing include:
- You control who sees your email since you can segment your contacts in any way you want (e.g. lead status, demographics, location) then customize your message for each group, resulting in a higher conversion rate.
- When you strategically plan, use a smart design, and have targeted content for your email campaign, you consistently build your brand’s value. As you expose more people to your brand, when they need your product or service they automatically come to you.
- Email marketing is both measurable and cost-effective. With email marketing you know about delivery rates, open rates, click-to-deliver rates, subscriber retention rates, and your customers’ behavior. You have all this information without spending money. The Direct Marketing Association says email marketing brings in $40 for every $1 spent, thus outperforming SEO, display marketing, and SMO.
- Email Marketing is Easily Shareable. There aren’t many forms of marketing as easy to share as email marketing. With the simple click of the forward button, subscribers can share your deals, offers and news with their friends. Subscribers who share your emails are acting as brand advocates. Therefore, when a subscriber shares an email with friends, your brand gains more exposure and credibility.
- Good marketing always means being able to test things! With email marketing, it becomes incredibly easy to see what graphics, headlines, offers and even colors your users and customers will respond to. It’s incredibly simple to simply send one version of an email to one part of your list and a second version of an email to a different part of your email list. Then, through the very precise tracking tools that email marketing offers, you can figure out which marketing message worked better to convert sales or user actions.
- There may be no better marketing channel from which to draw precise and usable tracking information to help you figure out what’s successful and what’s not than email marketing. Well-developed email marketing platforms such as TieiT can provide tracking information on how many people opened an email, how many people clicked a link in an email, which specific link within the email was clicked, how many people unsubscribed and, of course, whether your email even made it into your recipient’s inbox. Combine that with a business’s ability to track sales back to a source and you can identity customer engagement and response through an entire cycle with clear, easy-to-understand metrics.
In today’s ever-changing digital world, you can’t overlook email marketing. So, if you’d like to start an email marketing campaign for your business or you need help with the one you already have, contact us. We’re happy to help!