A Digital Marketing road-map makes it easy to plan, implement and measure digital marketing and is the need for every business planning a campaign or growth on Digital Media. It is very important to do your home-work before you dive in! There are various digital destinations you need to keep in mind before you begin, from the start point of websites to mobile commerce and so on.
Remember we talked about some awesome Digital Marketing trends for 2014? Below is a quick road-map that you may find helpful. This may seem like a daunting task, but it isn’t; it will actually help your entire process seamless across web, social and mobile. So here we begin!
Above Infographic it is a step-by-step guide to help you through all the important components of a digital marketing plan.
This is the starting point of your digital marketing roadmap for the step-by-step guide.
- Website- The company website is the target digital destination and it is very important that your website is user-friendly. As 67% of website users claim that a mobile-friendly website is where they are more likely to purchase.
- Landing Pages- Companies with more than 10 landing pages are bound to generate more leads.
- 6% is the average businesses spend on analytics.
A digital marketing plan cannot be executed without the help of various marketing tools.
- Mobile Apps – Smartphone users who download a branded app, are 40% more inclined to buy their products/services
- 98% of text messages are opened, from that 90% view those text within 15 mins of its arrival.
- Mobile advertising spending is going to be 42 Billion by 2017. Thus it is very important that your website is mobile optimized.
- 89% of marketers say that email is their primary method for lead generation, this statistics definitely proves ‘Old is Gold.’
- 70% of links search users click on is organic, 65% of businesses brands receive is through referral marketing. So make sure you have strong call-to-actions, to receive more referrals!
Content Marketing Strategy
Content is the king and always will be. It’s also very important to create relevant content that will be consumed and shared by your audience’s. Content strategy is the fuel that makes your website or social networks valid.
- Businesses that use Infographic see an increase in traffic by 12%.
- If picture is worth a thousand words, then video is worth ten thousand. As 12% of viewers are likely to purchase after watching a product demo.
- 61% of B2B marketers, rate webinars as an effective content marketing tactic.
- Companies that blog have 97% more inbound links and 434% more indexed pages.
Social Channel Strategy
Social media is a channel of engagement and the social networks are for distribution of content.
- Facebook – 82% of consumers prefer to interact with their brands on this portal; it is definitely not fading away anytime soon.
- YouTube – 50% of mobile traffic comes from video streaming.
- Twitter – 44% of marketers acquired new customers from this platform, 140 characters can change your brands life 1 customer at a time.
- LinkedIn – 64% of increase in website traffic through LinkedIn.
- Pinterest – This platform has a lot more depth than only online scrapbooking, 21% of people from Pinterest have purchased a product after seeing it.
With the help of this roadmap you can plan a successful marketing strategy which is effective. And it even helps you paint a picture of the scope, effort and time to be put in the digital marketing plan.
Source: Kaisersosa team has shared this info-graphic.
Read more: Online Marketing Is Here To Stay – Part 1