Social media is an immensely popular way to express opinions, develop friendships, and let the world know how you are feeling. At the same time, social media can often have unforeseen privacy leaks. That’s why it’s crucial you know how to protect your privacy on social media sites. Today, we will be looking at three ways you can protect your privacy on social media. Let’s get right in.
Understand And Apply Social Media Coaching
For businesses and individuals alike, social media coaching is an excellent way to safely engage in the online world. The goal of social media coaches is to help each client expand their social media influence. What does this look like? First of all, social media coaches will teach their clients useful tactics for gaining an online presence. This includes how to set up accounts, brand yourself, and develop dynamite social media posts. Additionally, social media coaches will explain to customers how to maintain privacy. This is greatly beneficial, as social media accounts with more followers often have people who try to hack into their accounts.
Use Basic Preventative Measures To Stay Private
There are some general, precautionary methods that you can use to maintain privacy on social media sites. Here are five of the most applicable.
- Develop a strong password. Your password should have several unique characters, making it difficult to hack.
- Once you’re done with social media, make sure to log out of your account.
- If a field is optional, don’t give any personal information. For instance, if there is an about me section, don’t feel obligated to fill out the city in which you live.
- Take advantage of the privacy settings on social media sites.
- Don’t follow everyone on social media sites. Make sure you take a quick look at their information and recent posts to decide if you want to follow them.
- Consider Using A Virtual Private Network
A recent trend that is allowing people to maintain security while on the web is a VPN. VPN stands for a virtual private network. A virtual private network allows you to surf the net and log onto social media sites with complete privacy. This means that hackers or people trying to steal your information will not be able to do so. In essence, you will be able to conduct activities as if you were on a public account while maintaining the security of a private account.
To have a virtual private network, you must install a VPN protocol. There are several options on the market. One of, if not the best providers is OpenVPN. This service is the best in the business when it comes to security. Along with OpenVPN, some other options include: PPTP, SSTP, and Wireguard to name a few.
There you have it, three amazing ways to protect your privacy on social media. Next time you log on to Twitter or Instagram, use these tips to protect your privacy.
Comments on this article are closed.