Merchandising displays have been around for quite a while and business managers and owners have benefited immensely from it. In the broad sense, merchandising can be defined as the practice through which products in stores are made available to consumers and clients by stocking and displaying them in shelves. Merchandise displays therefore are those special presentations of a store’s products to the prospective customers-buying public. As a marketing technique, this strategy emphasizes the need for a clear layout and image.
Basis of merchandising displays
While merchandising displays vary from one industry to another , it is done on basic principles which are designed to enhance or increase product sales. As an integral part of merchandising concept, it seeks to boost product sales. This is because, as a marketing technique it’s inclusive of all including coordinating, advertising and sales to ensure business success. There are basically three forms:
- Storefront displays – This type of signage usually opens up to the streets or shopping mall. It is basically intended to attract passers who may not enter the store if otherwise.
- Showcase displays – Usually important to the manager or owner if he or she has products deemed too expensive for storefront display set-up. Such merchandising displays are usually located along high traffic areas.
- Found space displays – Refers to those product presentations which utilize small but usable areas the store.
With the different forms available, having knowledge on how to choose the color scheme and layout for your store is relatively important.
Merchandising displays- choosing the best color scheme and store layout
In a nutshell, choosing the best color scheme and layout for your store helps accentuate your signage. Good retailing for any venture is based on good layout and planning. To a creative designer, business owner and professional in the sign industry, effectively planning the layout and color scheme of a store is imperative. He or she is able to create an irresistible visual merchandising displays which ultimately leads to success in such retail stores. While there are lots of rules on which color scheme to use, it is vital to note that the type of color to use is dependent upon the type of retail organization or store one has. When used properly, color is one of the cheapest and most effective ways through which one can enhance business image to create a successful customer’s vintage point.
What is a good color scheme and layout design to enhance display?
For one to create a successful customer’s vantage point using merchandising displays, he or she needs to conduct a basic research in order to discover which colors customers tend to associate with. More importantly, the choice should be informed by your store’s niche or brand. Some of the key aspects of successful merchandising displays are:
- Economical – It utilizes the only space, materials and products readily available.
- Versatile – To create an impressive and effective signage, the displays should fit with much ease, exhibit several merchandise and convey diverse messages.
- Effective – Successful customer’s vantage point is readily visible to any passer-by to enhance faster reaction to the later.
Merchandising displays are an impeccable way to enhance business sales. To increase the effectiveness of this marketing strategy there is need to allocate available space appropriately bearing in mind the customer demographics, be sure to retain originality, maintain the neatness and cleanliness of your displays and do not overcrowd a display. More so, it is imperative to combine products that are used together the signage. Finally, pay attention to detail when it comes to arranging and arranging the backgrounds of your display.