The last customer that engaged with your eCommerce business had some opinions about the product or service they bought. They also had some opinions about their customer journey and how well their transaction was completed. Customer feedback is a very prevalent metric for eCommerce businesses that can make or break a business’s brand image.
What did your last 5 customers think after engaging with your business? Is it important to evaluate their feedback? How does it affect your business? Let us take a deeper look into how all these questions are relevant, why you should use customer feedback software, and how it matters for improving your eCommerce business.
IMPORTANCE OF CUSTOMER FEEDBACK
Customer feedback can be something as simple as a rating, and as comprehensive as a full-fledged review. Customer feedback helps your business in gaining valuable insights into how a customer feels about their experience with your eCommerce business. Customer feedback not only helps you in finding out how your customers feel about your products, services, and brand as a whole, but also about how you can elevate their experience and improve your operations to serve the customers better.
In today’s digital age, customers have access to a multitude of platforms and channels that can be your eCommerce business’s competitors. All it takes is one bad customer experience for them to turn to your competition. But that is not it. Customers can also provide negative feedback for your business, which can hurt your brand image.
HOW DOES CUSTOMER FEEDBACK AFFECT YOUR ECOMMERCE BUSINESS?
Now that you know about the customers’ perception of engaging with an eCommerce business, let us look at some key statistics which show how significantly customer feedback can affect your eCommerce business:
- 93% of the customers have implied that reviews on websites impact their decision about engaging with a business. This means that positive customer feedback can significantly improve your customer acquisition.
- 80% of customers have shown to not engage with a business after seeing a negative review. Therefore, using a customer feedback software for eCommerce businesses is a very healthy practice to know exactly what the customers think about your business. This will help you in identifying gaps and implement strategies to service your customers better.
HOW COLLECTING CUSTOMER FEEDBACK CAN HELP IN IMPROVING YOUR ECOMMERCE BUSINESS
Using customer feedback software, eCommerce businesses can promptly take care of their customers’ demands and service them optimally. Holistically, customer feedback can help businesses in the following ways:
1. Elevating Customer Experience: Capturing the flaws in your business can only come through practicing the evaluation of customer feedback. Using a customer feedback app, your business can collect the insights of various customer personas and evaluate which segment is unhappy or unsatisfied.
According to research, for 1 customer who leaves a negative review of your business, 26 other customers who felt the same way won’t. They will just not engage with your business. Hence, it is imperative that you capture customer feedback on the spot through customer feedback software as their engagement with your business is happening and aim to provide them with optimum services.
Moreover, evaluating customer feedback can help you in identifying how you can elevate your servicing for the eCommerce crowd, and provide your customers with a much better customer experience.
2. Creating Loyal Customers: The direct effect of a good customer experience is the possibility of generating customer loyalty. Any customer who provides your eCommerce business with feedback and sees that your business has made improvements to address that feedback will be sure to return to engage with you again. This is because the customer now knows that your business puts customer feedback at priority and aims to provide holistic customer service.
This, in turn, makes them a loyal customer. And in the eCommerce segment, there is nothing more valuable for businesses than a loyal customer, as they spread good word of mouth, and can prove to be an asset in bringing in more customers.
3. Decreasing Acquisition Costs: One of the biggest advantages of collecting customer feedback through customer feedback software is that it helps your business in identifying the various types of customer personas. This helps your eCommerce business in creating workflows dedicated to each type of customer personas and servicing them accordingly.
These workflows work in your business’s favor, as you no longer must invest more in the customer acquisition costs, as most of the process is now automated with the help of customer feedback software. The software helps businesses in servicing all types of customers effectively and efficiently.
Customer feedback software is a very helpful tool for businesses that are looking to elevate their revenue and growth. Properly leveraging the various advantages of customer feedback software can help your business in achieving new heights. All you need to do is implement one and see the results for yourselves.