Strong customer feedback tools are important for businesses as they help them gather and analyze vital feedback from their customers. There are hundreds to choose from and the massive selection can make choosing the best one for you daunting.
In this article, we will use our experience in the subject to walk you through some of the most powerful customer feedback tools and help you choose the right tool for your business.
We’ll also look at the importance of customer feedback tools and analyze whether it is worthwhile investing time and money in one.
Let’s dive right in!
The 10 Top-Rated Customer Feedback Tools You Need
- SurveyMonkey: Ideal for businesses of all sizes looking to create diverse surveys with ease. Offers extensive integration options, making it perfect for those who need to connect with a variety of apps and services.
- Typeform: Best suited for businesses that prioritize engaging and visually appealing forms. Its unique design capabilities and ease of use make it perfect for creating surveys that stand out.
- Feedbackify: A great option for immediate website feedback collection. It’s particularly useful for businesses seeking quick and straightforward insights from their website visitors.
- UserReport: Offers a dual widget system for surveys and feedback, making it ideal for websites or apps wanting to gauge user satisfaction and collect ideas for improvement through a voting system.
- AskNicely: Focused on real-time feedback collection post-service or product usage, it’s best for businesses looking to integrate feedback directly into their customer service and operational workflows.
- Survey Sparrow: With a conversational interface, it’s particularly effective for businesses seeking higher engagement rates in their surveys. Its recurring survey feature is also unique for ongoing feedback collection.
- InMoment: Offers a comprehensive approach to customer experience improvement, making it suitable for businesses looking for in-depth analysis and real-time feedback alerts.
- Bazaarvoice: Ideal for e-commerce businesses, it focuses on collecting and leveraging user-generated content to build brand authenticity and influence purchasing decisions.
- Google Forms: A straightforward and cost-effective option for those needing basic survey capabilities, especially small businesses or those already using Google Workspace.
- Jotform: Offers a wide range of form options and advanced features, making it a versatile choice for businesses of all types looking to collect feedback through more detailed forms and surveys
The Importance of Choosing the Right Customer Feedback Tools
- Align with Business Needs: The selection of a customer feedback tool should be closely aligned with your business size, nature, budget, and specific requirements. Tools like SurveyMonkey and Typeform cater to a wide range of needs with their versatile features and integrations.
- Integration Capabilities: The ability to integrate seamlessly with existing systems (CRMs, email marketing software, etc.) is crucial. Tools like SurveyMonkey offer extensive integration options, enhancing operational efficiency.
- User Experience: Opt for tools that offer an intuitive and engaging user experience. Platforms like Typeform are known for their user-friendly design, making the feedback process more appealing to customers.
- Real-Time Insights: Tools that provide real-time feedback, such as InMoment, are invaluable for promptly addressing customer concerns and improving the customer experience.
- Data Analysis and Reporting: The best customer feedback tools offer robust data analysis and reporting capabilities.
What Are Customer Feedback Tools?
Customer feedback tools connect businesses with their customers and capture as much valuable feedback as possible. These are software tools that help in gathering, analyzing, and monitoring customer feedback in real-time.
Customer feedback tools are usually integrated with the customer-facing side of the business like a website, app, or social media channels to make the process of providing feedback seamless. These tools are especially valuable because they provide you with a tremendous amount of information from the people who generate your revenue: customers.
Feedback helps lead a company through the product development and optimization process. Without knowing exactly what your customers want, it’s incredibly difficult to build and optimize a successful product.
10 Powerful Customer Feedback Tools You Need to Check Out
While there are various customer feedback tools available in the market, it’s best to choose one that best fits your business needs. When making your decision, keep these factors in mind:
- The size of your business
- The nature of your operations
- Your budget
- Your specific set of requirements for the tool
- Integrations with your existing channels and software
Now let’s dive into 10 of the most impactful customer feedback tools available to you today.
SurveyMonkey is one of the most popular customer feedback tools in the world. It is simply a great tool that lets you easily create surveys and forms to collect valuable feedback. It can be integrated with all different kinds of channels and mediums including web links and emails and can even be easily embedded into your website.
SurveyMonkey also gives you powerful tools to speed up the process of writing surveys and managing the data you collect from customers. It offers over 100 integrations with apps and plug-ins too, making it a breeze to connect all of your existing apps. These integrations include Google Drive, Microsoft Teams, Slack, Hubspot, and more.
The platform offers a free version called the Basic plan which lets you ask a limited set of questions in the survey and the number of responses is also limited.
If you want SurveyMonkey’s premium features or need to collect a large number of responses, you will need to go with one of its paid plans. The Team Advantage Plan starts at $25 per user per month in the U.S. and offers up to 50,000 responses every year. The Team Premier Plan will cost you another $50 per month but it lets you collect up to 100,000 responses per year.
The following are the key features of SurveyMonkey
- SurveyMonkey offers a pre-written question bank and lets you create multilingual surveys quite easily.
- Once you collect your feedback, SurveyMonkey’s powerful data analysis tools will come in handy putting it to good use.
- It offers 24/7 support based on your plan and the higher-priced plans also come up with round-the-clock phone support.
- It offers free integration with collaboration apps and allows file exports in various formats like Excel and PDF.
- SurveyMonkey also lets you accept payments in the survey and the higher-priced plans also have an option to do sentiment analysis.
The platform is best suited for businesses that need to create multiple surveys regularly or that need help analyzing large amounts of survey data.
Typeform is a powerful customer feedback tool that lets you create online forms, surveys, or quizzes.
The platform has a user-friendly interface and lets you create interactive surveys that often look much better than those made with other survey tools. Typeform’s simple logic flow makes it incredibly easy to build visually appealing surveys and forms quickly. It isn’t limited to just a few question types either. You have more than 20 to choose from.
The tool also lets you accept payments and integrates seamlessly with over 120 other applications including Google Analytics, Salesforce, Hubspot, Zapier, Slack, and MailChimp.
In terms of pricing, along with the free plan, it offers a Basic plan at $17 per month, with the pricing rising to $35 for the Plus plan and $58 for the Business plan. While the number of typeforms and the questions per typeform are unlimited, the number of responses varies based on the selected plan.
Typeform is likely best for businesses who want to conduct surveys with visually captivating forms or video surveys – a functionality that Typeform’s Videoask provides. Typeform also offers “Logic Jump” wherein the respondent’s next question would be based on the response to the previous question.
Notably, Typeform does not offer live phone support but has a live chat support functionality for Plus and higher plans.
Feedbackify is another powerful customer feedback tool for companies that primarily collect feedback through a website as it helps in getting instant feedback from website users. It has a quick sign-up process and you can integrate it seamlessly into your website in just about a few minutes.
The tool allows the visitors to your website to provide feedback as well as suggestions without leaving the website. The process for customers is about as easy as it gets, which generally means that you will get more feedback.
Feedbackify allows you to view the feedback in context. For example, it will include the location of the user, their browser, and operating system as well as the page where they provided the feedback. It also lets you sort the feedback by different categories and subcategories which makes the data much easier to interpret.
In terms of pricing, Feedbackify charges $19 per month and also offers a 15-day free trial. The tool is a good option for companies that want feedback about their websites.
UserReport is a powerful customer feedback tool that comes with two widgets – a survey widget and a feedback widget – that can be easily integrated into your website and app. The tool also tells you your net promotor score (NPS) which helps you know how popular is the website among users as well as the improvement areas.
It also provides a breakdown of NPS by demographics which makes the data even more valuable and easy to analyze. It offers both a free and premium version and integrates well with Google Analytics. One of UserReport’s standout features is its voting tool that lets the website users vote on different features and ideas which helps you identify what to prioritize to bring as much value to your users as possible.
UserReport is a powerful customer feedback tool for websites or apps with a large and diversified user base. It lets publishers customize the feedback forum with their text and logos and is available in more than 60 languages.
The premium version can be especially valuable as it helps analyze the data you collect and offers kits to help you showcase vital customer metrics to advertisers to help you win better bids.
AskNicely is a top-tier customer feedback tool that you can use to collect customer feedback quickly after they use a product or a service. It offers powerful integration with CRM and workflow tools to put the data to use as soon as possible. The platform is designed to generate the maximum feedback from customers through websites, SMS, and email.
Its feedback surveys are quite professional and friendly unlike some of its competitors which at times can be intrusive. Also, the platform lets you measure NPS scores across different teams and also helps reward the frontline staff based on customer feedback. This can be used to create a (healthy) competitive environment where teams fight for the best scores.
AskNicely is good for businesses that are looking to collect valuable real-time data, integrate with CRM tools, and motivate their teams to improve customer service. The platform doesn’t publicly discuss its pricing so you will have to contact them to gauge costs.
6. Survey Sparrow
Survey Sparrow is another good customer feedback tool that helps you create conversational surveys. According to Survey Sparrow, its platform helps get over 40% more responses as compared to other tools. The company offers comprehensive solutions and lets you create chat-like features that help generate more useful customer data.
The platform has several powerful features that many competitors lack like a customer journey map, recurring surveys, and embedded surveys, and also supports functionality to conduct video surveys. The platform also allows you to roll out NPS surveys and has effective automated reminders for customers to fill out the customer feedback forms. Survey Sparrow’s dashboard can be a huge help to start gaining insights from the data you collect.
The company offers a 14-day free trial and its individual plans start from $19 per month while the team plan starts at $79 per month.
Survey Sparrow can be an especially powerful tool for businesses looking to build surveys that are more like friendly conversations than annoying run-of-the-mill surveys.
InMoment offers a cloud-based integrated customer experience approach. The tool is intended to help businesses improve the entire experience of their website or products by leveraging extensive customer data instead of just trying to improve basic customer experience metrics.
InMoment is especially valuable for businesses looking for real-time feedback. It lets you set alerts that will inform you of problems and optimizations early so that they can be resolved as fast as possible.
Active Listening Studio is among the key features of InMoment which collects customer feedback through an AI-powered form. The platform also taps other data like online reviews from review sites or social media platforms to provide comprehensive data about the most important elements of the customer journey.
It offers a 30-day free trial which can be booked online but does not mention the pricing on the website.
The platform is a great choice for businesses looking to improve the entire customer experience with powerful tools to recognize the most important elements that you need to focus on.
Bazaarvoice enables businesses to collect valuable user-generated content (UGC) from their customers and users. The tool helps you build a more authentic brand and experience by collecting data, questions, UGC, and ratings from customers.
Notably, a survey by Bazaarvoice showed that 40% of shoppers globally agree that UGC – which includes reviews and customer photos – is more likely to convince them to buy a product from an ad. This phenomenon is borne out by plenty of external studies as well.
Bazaarvoice is highly recommended for ecommerce businesses as it helps build authenticity and credibility with customers around your products and brand in general. Bazzarvoice serves over 12,000 top brands and retailers in many different industries including consumer electronics, apparel, home improvement, food and beverages, and health & beauty.
According to Bazaarvoice, it is the largest UGC player and has a strong network of more than 7 million members in its ‘Influenster’ community. It also boasts 1.3 billion monthly shoppers in the Bazaarvoice Network of more than 12,000 brands and retailers.
Bazzarvoice doesn’t provide pricing information publicly so you will need to contact them to find out whether it’s worth the cost.
9. Google Forms
Google Forms is among the most basic yet effective tools to collect feedback from customers and clients. It is free to use (with a Google Workspace account) and importantly it integrates seamlessly with other G-suite products.
Google does not charge separately for Forms and you can choose the Google Workspace plan that fits your organization’s needs – with the lowest plan available for $6 per month per user.
Google Forms is good for those businesses that already have a Workspace plan in place and need to create only basic forms. Other tools will likely be superior if you need to send out surveys or complex forms.
Jotform is another popular customer feedback tool used by over 20 million users globally. The tool utilizes conditional logic for its forms and helps generate reports and automate workflows. It has a library of over 10,000 categorized forms that you can put to use.
Jotform is chock-full of features from powerful analytics to a suite of 300 advanced widgets and easy collaboration tools. It is also integrated with a massive selection of more than 150 apps and platforms including PayPal, Zoom, Slack, Zapier, Salesforce, and Google Calendar.
The company offers a free starter version but it comes with a limit of only 100 monthly submissions. The next tier is the Bronze tier which is priced at $34 per month while the Gold tier – which is the most expensive version – is priced at $99 per month.
Jotform is a great basic choice for any company looking to collect customer feedback through surveys and forms, which is why more than 20 million people use it. However, some of its advanced features have a bit of a steep learning curve and it can confusing at times.
Why Are Strong Customer Feedback Tools Important for Businesses?
The popular age-old business mantra, “customer is king,” sums up why customer feedback tools can be so important for consumer-facing companies. You need to know what customers want to sell products as effectively as possible.
These tools let you collect and analyze the most valuable data of all so that you can derive powerful insights to help expand and optimize your business functions.
Here’s why customer feedback tools are so important for businesses
- Help connect with customers: Customer feedback tools help connect the business with its customers. This would help build a loyal set of customers as customers feel connected with the business and the brand as their voices are being heard.
- Improve the customer value proposition: Companies that gather and act on customer feedback end up improving the quality of their product and services and eventually make the value proposition better for their customers.
- Higher customer retention: Through efficient customer feedback tools companies can increase customer retention. If the company acts diligently on the feedback provided by the customers they can lower the churn rate. This is especially important because acquiring a new customer is a much more difficult and costly exercise than retaining an existing customer.
- Customer satisfaction and higher NPS: Customer feedback tools help increase customer satisfaction and lead to a higher net promoter score.
- Cross-selling and referral opportunities: If your customer base is satisfied with your product and services it would also create cross-sell opportunities as well as referral opportunities from them. It is also tremendously useful when developing new products.
Now that you have seen a list of some of the most useful customer feedback tools and heard why these tools are important, let’s dive into how to choose the best one for your business.
How to Choose the Best Customer Feedback Tools for You
Because there are so many choices for customer feedback tools, it can be incredibly difficult to narrow down which one is best for your business.
There are several features that you should look out for when making your decision. These include:
- The fit with your business: Every customer feedback tool has different functionality and you should choose the one that fits well with your business needs. For instance, the choice of a customer feedback tool for an ecommerce business would be different from B2B SaaS company. Look for features that are especially helpful in your niche like follow-up surveys for ecommerce sites.
- Usability and capabilities: Make sure that the tool has all of the features and usability that you need. For example, if you plan on collecting data through complex logic surveys, Google Forms probably isn’t the best choice.
- Integration features: Almost all the customer feedback tools offer integration features with other tech platforms. Ideally, you should choose the tool that integrates well with your existing tech ecosystem to it easier to incorporate customer feedback across different business functions. This is especially true for companies that utilize a variety of apps and platforms in their organizations.
- Backend support and customer service: You might also consider customer feedback tools that provide necessary technical support and customer service. Some of even the best tools only provide limited support which could become problematic if you run into catastrophic issues.
- Data analysis: A good customer feedback tool should also help you analyze the data that it collects. This is less important for businesses with dedicated data analysts but they can be extremely helpful nonetheless. Some tools only offer simple dashboards whereas others will actually derive valuable business insights from the data.
Is Investing in Top Customer Feedback Tools Worth It for My Business?
Investing in a quality customer feedback tool is often worth the time, cost, and effort given the importance of customer feedback in improving the product and services.
If a company takes proper actions based on customer feedback it can much more easily and effectively optimize its services, leading to better business outcomes.
Using cheap or ill-fitting customer feedback tools could be a major detriment to your operations as it could harm your data collection and analysis pipeline, preventing meaningful optimization.
Nearly every single business in any given industry can benefit from the right tool so make sure that you take the time it takes to figure out which one will be best for you.