Each writer has a unique voice and style and you are certainly no exception to that rule. It may take a little while to find your voice but when you do, your unique way of expressing yourself through your brand and your offerings will really compel your online connections to become hungry for what you have to say next.
The goal of your content
When you write content, you are writing it for a variety of reasons. All of those reasons are valid and all of them make sense to you. However, when you share that content, you have additional goals in mind and, hopefully, those goals will be realized each and every time that you share content with other people online. In addition to sharing the best possible content so that other people will find value in what you are expressing, you also want them to share your content with other people whom they know well and trust. In other words, you have a desire for your content to go viral as quickly as possible. Of course, just like any other person who owns a business, your ultimate goal is to sell your products and/or services to as many people as possible. However, there is often a long journey that you must take to eventually be able to realize that goal. However, you should trust in the fact that you will definitely reach your ultimate goal at some point.
It is clear that you are not just writing content for your own satisfaction and fulfillment. You are also writing content so that it will be of value to other people and that content (if you do it correctly) will clearly express to the other person that you are capable of solving his or her problems. That concept of “WIIFM” (“What’s In It For Me””) is one that you must always have on the top of your mind. It should never be about how wonderful you and your business are. It must always be about whether you are capable of solving the other person’s problems. If you are good at what you do, that will be true every time.
The motivation behind sharing content
There are many reasons why a person shares his or her content. Some reasons are shared by many people and some are unique to specific individuals.
- We share content to create a positive perception for other people.
- We share content to enrich the knowledge base of other people.
- We share content to help other people to grow and to solidify the relationships that we share with them.
- We share content to allow people to understand what we represent and to build trust, credibility, and to position ourselves as a subject matter expert in the eyes of the other person.
Sharing content with other people is of great benefit to everyone involved. For all of the reasons stated above as well as some others that have not yet been discussed, sharing top-quality content is not only a sensible thing to do if you have any hope of bringing your business to the next level but it is necessary if you wish to succeed in business at all.
When it comes to sharing your content using social media channels, there are several different tips that you may wish to consider using.
- Wrap your mind around what motivates your target audience: It is important to understand the way in which your target audience thinks (to whatever degree you are able). Hopefully, the most significant thing that your target audience shares with each other is you. You need to emphasize that as much as you can and get them excited about interacting on your behalf.
- Make sure to tell your story: Your story is critical to everything. Without a story, the other people will not be able to connect with you on a human/emotional level. If they can’t connect with you in that way, you will not be able to build a relationship together. It is that simple.
- Always keep your message clear and concise: People (especially nowadays) have not time or patience for long-winded articles and other types of content that go on and on. Your message to your target audience should be clear and concise and straight to the point. The will appreciate it and you will get the reaction that you are looking for from them.
- Try to keep your content as positive as possible: Most people thrive on positivity, not negativity. You should always try to give positive messages and if you set a positive tone, other people will react to you in a positive way as well.
- Make your content communicate how important what you are trying to accomplish is: Interestingly, people react much more positively than you might think to urgency and they will be more apt to meet your deadlines (if you impose them) if you give them shorter ones. It is merely human nature. The less urgency you inject, the less seriously other people will take it.
If you consistently share amazing, compelling, thought-provoking content, you will get a surprisingly wonderful return on investment (ROI). In this case, the ROI is not just about money. More importantly, it is about the effort that other people are willing to make toward you and your brand and the investment that they will be excited to make in the relationship that you share. Engaging other people is an essential part of your success and you should be able to accomplish that easily if you are always genuine and sincere. Oh, and one more thing, listening to the other person goes hand in hand with sharing amazing content each and every time. After all, you are in a relationship and a relationship consists of two people, not one!