Have you ever gone to a website looking for specific information only to find uninformative web content that is riddled with errors? If so, you know just how important informative and engaging web content is. Businesses, both small and large, will benefit greatly from web content that is not only able to catch the eye of their target audience, but written to sell their services or products.
Want to write better web content? Check out these 5 tips below:
1. Don’t overlook quality. Chances are, you invested good money into professional web development services for your website – and with good reason. A well-designed website gives your company credibility and makes you look professional. Why wouldn’t you give your content the same consideration? If your content is boring, rambling, uninformative, or filled with grammatical errors, you’re going to lose out on potential customers and profit.
2. Keep it concise. If a prospective customer comes to your site and is hit with a wall of content, they’re probably not going to read it. Too much content also runs the risk of losing their interest altogether. When it comes to web content, it’s usually best to get right to the point by telling people what you have to offer and why they need it. Bullet points work well as they will give any ‘skimmers’ quick access to the answers they’re looking for.
3. Make it persuasive. Writing persuasive web content that leads your prospective customers to contact you is a crucial ingredient many people forget about. Every page of your content needs to detail why prospective customers need your product or service and then lead them toward the action of either purchasing or contacting you. Make sure there is a contact form on every page or at least a link to one with your phone number so they can easily get in touch with you.
4. Utilize SEO. When done properly, search engine optimization can be an invaluable marketing tool that helps you get found on the search engines. You can find a variety of free keyword tools on the Internet that will help you figure out what the strongest keywords are for your specific industry. Incorporate the keywords you’ve chosen into every page of your web content, but make sure they’re different for each page. Also, don’t go overboard and drown your content in keywords thinking this is going to get you to the top of search engine results. Spamming your site with keywords can get you blacklisted from search engines and make your content unreadable.
5. Add images. Add an image or two to every page of content you have on your website. This will help liven up your content and draw your web visitor’s eye to each page. When possible, use your own high-res photos to highlight your products or services.
Make your web content stand out (Source)