Content Marketing is marketing that “involves the creation and sharing of online material (such as videos, blogs, and social media posts) that does not explicitly promote a brand but is intended to stimulate interest in its products or services.”
Nearly a decade in and Content is still King when it comes to effectively marketing a business’ services or products.
- 72% of marketers say content marketing increases engagement
- Social Media is one of the most effective types of content for B2C businesses to use for content marketing.
- 84% of people expect businesses and brands to provide content that entertains, tells a story, provides a solution, or creates experiences and events.
- 94% of consumers plan to make a purchase from a business they follow.
- 70% of internet users want to learn about products through content rather than traditional ads.
- 66% of people have found a new business on Twitter.
- 69% of people have bought something because of a tweet.
- Half of all 18-to 34-year-old YouTube subscribers would drop what they are doing to watch a video by their favorite creator.
- 40% of Millennials trust videos more than other content.
- Blog posts are the most shared content online.
- 84% of Millennials don’t trust traditional ads.
- Generation Z purchasing decisions are influenced more by content than traditional ads.
- It is predicted that video will represent 82% of all internet traffic in 2021.
- Email marketing provides an ROI of $40 for every dollar spent.
- The average person consumes 4 pieces of content before making a purchasing decision.
- Content Marketing costs 62% less than traditional marketing and generates around 3 times as many leads.
Content Marketing isn’t going anywhere.
Creating an effective Content Marketing strategy requires consistent content creation and posting.
It is important to dedicate time and effort to providing quality content that will help promote your business and keep it in front of your audience.