When you’re producing content for a product, brand, client, or company day in and day out, it’s easy to get a little burnt out or uninspired. After all, we’re busy professionals with mile-long to-do lists, doing our best to keep our heads above water. It’s easy to get a little off track from time to time.
Reinvigorate and keep your content marketing fresh, inspired and up-to-date with these five tips and tricks:
- Keep up with the latest trends. Carve out time each week to spend time researching and experimenting with the latest social media sites, tools, and trends. Be sure to subscribe to industry newsletters, blogs and podcasts and take the time to fully research the new strategies or tactics that sound like they may work for your line of business. Experiment with new social media sites (ahem, like Snapchat and Periscope) personally and professionally to analyze whether these new tools are a fit for your business.
- Invite different team members to a brainstorm. Sure, you have your regular content team meetings; the key players are all there. However, why not try inviting someone completely out-of-the-box who would never normally be invited to a meeting all about content? For example, if you work at a tourism office (like I do), invite the visitor center staff to your content meetings- they can provide valuable insights about questions from actual customers/consumers (in this case, visitors) that you may otherwise not brainstorm yourself, given your proximity to the topic.
- Dig deep into Analytics. Can’t get on-the-ground data from people on your team? Your Analytics offer a wealth of information you can use to reinvigorate your content. Spend time weekly or monthly analyzing your data; no doubt, there are new content ideas there waiting to be uncovered. Take a look at what people are searching to find your site/blog, look at which posts people spent the most time reading and see which pieces of content did the best in terms of traffic. See where you can replicate that success by building off of that topic.
- Research your competitors. While the comparison game is no good, understanding what your competitors are up to can provide valuable insights for your business. Spend some time researching and consuming the content of your competitors to see if you’re truly staying up-to-date with the latest news and trends. Take what you learn from this analysis and use it as motivation to encourage your team to take things to the next level.
- Change your environment and perspective. Do you work in an office? Get outside, spend a day working from home or head to a coffee shop. Work from home? Find yourself a coworking space or someone to bounce ideas off of for a few hours a week. Simply put, whatever your environment, every once in awhile, change your perspective. Changing your physical workspace and perspective can help you see things with new eyes. I dare you to give it a try!
Have other ideas to keep your content fresh? Let us hear ‘em!