Signs that our favorite once a year spooktacular fright night is just around the corner are finally here. The stores are already lining their shelves with candy, pumpkin carving kits, costumes, and Halloween decor.
This can only mean one thing for email marketers: it’s officially time to dress your email campaigns up for Halloween.
After all, the National Retail Federation reports that 171 million Americans plan on celebrating Halloween, resulting in an expected $8.4 billion overall average spend.
To help inspire you, we’ve compiled a list 100 Halloween email subject lines. You can draw upon these Halloween subject lines to make your email campaigns extra spooky this year and maybe “boo-st” your open rates too.
1. Etsy: Spooktacular DIY inspiration
2. Yelp – Honolulu: Pumpkin Palooza
3. The Care.com Team: Unearth Big Halloween Savings
4. Citrus Lane Shop: Ready For Halloween? Save 20% Off Costumes
5. Etsy: Wonderfully Wicked
6. Chronicle Books: Put Some Boo in Your Next Book Order
7. Etsy: Your Last-Minute Halloween Guide
8. Sephora Beauty Insider: Halloween beauty to fright and delight
9. Etsy: Autumn Enchantment
10. Hotel Chocolate: Wickedly delicious Halloween treats + same day delivery just £3.95
11. Cadbury: 15% Off All Ghoulish Goodies
12. Accessorize: Win our Halloween treats | Beware of these bewitching accessories…
13. Etsy: The Cat’s Meow
14. The Market Fresno: Halloween Pumpkin Patch at The Market
15. Etsy: Practically Magic
16. Teavana: You deserve a treat, too.
17. Fortnum & Mason: Halloween is coming… shop now for terrifying treats
18. DAVIDsTEA: We’re soo pump(kin)ed about this free gift
19. Etsy: Are You Ready To Get Spooky?
20. Pinterest: Your Guide To Carving Pumpkins
21. Yelp – Honolulu: Trick-Or-Treating For Adults
22. Pinterest: Monster mash potatoes, mummy dumplings and more
23. Coca-colastore.com: Celebrate Halloween as your favorite beverage!
24. Pinterest: Ha-ha-halloween costumes
25. We Heart Pics: Happy Halloween! Get 50% Discount on Awesome Accounts
26. Pandora: Halloween is Here
27. Swisscolony.com: Get Your Halloween Treats Before They Vanish!
28. Cotton On: No tricks, only treats this Halloween! USA online store coming soon!
29. UVU Special Olympics: Halloween Fair with the Dan Peterson School
30. Groupon: Autumn Activities Ahead!
31. IdeaCafe: Spook-tacular Halloween Marketing Ideas
32. Songza.com: The Perfect Halloween Soundtrack
33. Google Play: Scary-good games from Google Play + latch onto Disclosure’s latest album for 99 cents.
34. Worldmarket.com: Screaming deals on Halloween snacks and decor + free shipping.
35. Groupon: Introducing Groupon’s Fall Shop!
36. Pinterest: Last Minute Halloween Ideas
37. Unionplus.org: Don’t buy your Halloween candy without reading this
38. Groupon: Fall Deals
39. Bluehost: Spread the word! Fall Sale starts 9/26.
40. Weieast.com: Be “Boo-tiful” this Halloween! Shop now on WeiEast.com! All treats, no tricks!
41. Grammarly: A Fun Halloween Quiz from Grammarly
42. Provo Recreation Center: Halloween Carnival – Basketball Registration – Holiday Party Rentals
43. Ivillage.com : Stars in Halloween Costumes: Guess Who’s Who!
44. Power of Moms: NEW Deliberate-Mother Halloween Podcast | Thanks for ½ Million Downloads!
45. IdeaCafe: Is Your Business Prepared for the Halloween Craze
46. Yellowmoon.org.uk: A frightfully good offer – up to 50% off Halloween
47. Mylan Specialty: Halloween Tips, See Inside
48. Camera Shy: Got a Kid in a Costume? Get a Free 8×10 Sheet with your Session!
49. Klickn: It’s Scary-Easy Now to Find your Fun in and around Utah County
50. The Freelancer: 7 Perfect Halloween Costumes for Freelancers
51. Yelp – Salt Lake City: Donuts Are Nature’s Fruit
52. Cosmopolitan.co.uk : Go bump (and grind) in the night this Halloween!
53. Yelp – Salt Lake City: Halloween Hijinx
54. SwimKids: October Calendar for Kids Camp & Halloween
55. Pinterest Partner Team: Halloween: Create a Spooky Board to Reach your Audience
56. Skyword: Skyword Monthly: Tricks & Treats
57. Groupon: Nocturnal Halloween Zipline Tour
58. Bhg.com: Deliciously Spooky Halloween Recipes
59. Marketing Funnel Automation: SPOOKY — 22 Marketing Funnel Conversion Killers
60. Cooking.com: We Wouldn’t Trick You – Here’s an Early Treat
61. JC Penney: Scary savings! 20-50% off Monster Sale, Doorbuster s & more
62. VideoBlocks.com: Whoa… scary
63. Yandy Costumes: Up To 70% Off All Halloween Costumes
64. Waves Audio: Halloween Sale – Ends Today
65. Ben Adkins: It Would Be Scary To Miss This!
66. Domino’s Pizza: Get the party started with Domino’s
67. KSL Deals: Halloween Deals are Heating Up
68. KSL Deals: Last Chance on Halloween Deals
69. Reverb.com: Shop our Halloween sale
70. Sally Hogshead: Spine Tingling Ideas…
71. Howard Partridge: Halloween Marketing for [Name] 72. Yandy Costumes: Last Chance! $19.95 Saturday Halloween Delivery!
73. Seven Peaks: More Halloween Fun! Crazy Corn Maze + Cornbelly’s + Hee Haw Farms + More!
74. Living Health: HALLOWEEN FLASH SALE!
75. Papa Murphy’s” Trick or Treating on an Empty Stomach? Now THAT’S scary!
76. Waves: Halloween Sale at Waves
77. Canva: Get spooky with Canva this Halloween [new templates] 78. Yandy Costumes: It’s Almost Halloween! $11.95 Overnight Shipping!
79. Zillow: Inside a Real-Life Haunted House
80. Tucanos Brazilian Grill: Scary Savings
81. KSL Deals: Halloween Activities for Everyone
82. SiriusXM: Get In The Halloween State Of Mind
83. Zillow: One Part Spook, Two Parts Spice
84. Papa Murphy’s: Satisfy Your Little Monsters with a Jack-o-Lantern Pizza.
85. Fiverr: Don’t get spooked! We just want to offer you $5!
86. Yandy Costumes: ARRRRE You Going to Be a Pirate This Halloween?
87. Topgolf: Party at Topgolf this Halloween
88. Thanksgiving Point: Scarecrow Festival is Here
89. Monoprice: Logitech Harmony Smart Remote Control (Refurbished) $79.99 w/ Free Shipping | Haunting Deals up to 30% OFF!
90. Jon Acuff: The problem with Halloween
91. KSL Deals: Halloween Savings Without the Scare
92. Butterfly Wonderland: Butterfly Wonderland October News
93. Groupon: Halloween Fun
94. Monoprice: Final Haunt! Up to 30% off Spooktacular Deals.
95. Maverik, Adventure’s First Stop: BOGO FREE Pumpkin Cookies on Halloween!
96. Shutterfly: A Halloween surprise – 101 free prints. 3 days only
97. Utah Valley Massage Therapy: Halloween Special – Half OFF
98. The Money Couple: Halloween Candy is the Crystal Ball into Your Child’s Future
99. Thanksgiving Point: Check out Spooky Saturday this weekend!
100. Amazon.com Deal of the Day: Up to 62% on Select Blu-ray Halloween Favorites
And there, you have it. 100 of the spookiest Halloween subject lines. Hopefully, after reading this comprehensive list, you have the perfect creepy subject line in mind for your Halloween promotion.
As you prepare your Halloween campaigns, remember it’s no trick that 35% of email recipients open email based on the subject line alone. So, pull out some candy corn to snack on as you brainstorm how you can include fun words like “Halloween,” “spooky,” “scary,” “frightening,” and even Halloween-inspired emoji like ghosts and pumpkins in your subject lines this year.