Marketers have been using email for many years, and for good reason. Email marketing provides a dependable way to deliver a wide variety of cost-effective marketing messages. Plus, unlike annoying pop-up ads that are impossible to close, or intrusive ads on their Facebook feeds, people actually appreciate timely, targeted email messages.
In fact, according to a recent study from Forrester Research, consumer attitudes about email keep getting better and better: “Consumers like promotional emails, delete fewer brand emails, and forward email offers and promotions to friends and family.”
Email also provides instant gratification for marketers, because you can quickly understand what’s working with your audience and what’s not. Every time your recipients open, click, forward to a friend, or otherwise interact with your email, they’re giving you real-time insight into all of the things that are important to them. They’re literally telling you what they want (and what they don’t want) every time they interact with your emails.
Why Email Continues to be Awesome
Email marketers also continue to see significant returns on investment (ROI). Of course, it helps that those investments don’t need to be very big in order to have an impact. According to the Direct Marketing Association, email marketing has an ROI of 4,300%. MarketingSherpa found that companies sending over 100,000 emails per month see a 94% return on investment. That’s pretty good, right? But check this out: They also found that companies sending under 100,000 emails per month see a 139% return. So whether your organization is big or small, email is a great way to ensure strong ROI.
Email is also an efficient way to create leads. In fact, 42% of businesses say email is one of their most effective lead generation channels. And for B2B marketers, 88% cite email as the most effective lead generation tactic, as reported by Circle Research.
Of course, this doesn’t mean that every tried-and-true email program will continue to drive results. In order to remain relevant and engaging, email campaigns need to keep up with the times. These days that means delivering more personalization, taking advantage of the benefits (and dealing with the challenges) of an increasingly mobile-device-using population, and integrating email with social media. And it definitely means finding the right timing and cadence to send your emails.
Creating Amazingly Effective Email Campaigns
Doing all of that – and doing it well – can be a time-consuming process when you’re doing it all by hand. But it doesn’t have to be. Marketing automation can help reduce the manual labor of creating effective emails that work on mobile, tie with social, and hit the inbox at the perfect moment.
In this new eBook from Act-On, you’ll find five tips for more successful – and more profitable – email campaigns. If you’re a marketer who already understands the essentials of email marketing and you’re ready to optimize the results of your campaigns, this eBook will help you raise your game.
Here’s a preview of the tips you’ll find inside.
- Make it Awesome on Mobile: Since half of all email opens are happening on mobile devices, it’s important to keep mobile-friendliness in mind when you design your templates.
- Get Personal with Your Audience: Using personalization in your email campaigns is a great way to jump-start long-term relationships with your customers.
- Connect Through Social Media: Email and social media can be a powerful combination, but in order to get the most value out of both, it’s important to look at them as complementary and make sure they work together.
- Develop Your Nurturing Side: Nurture marketing campaigns are a type of drip marketing program that takes undecided prospects along an educational path. Both nurture and drip campaigns can help keep your audience engaged – and get them ready to convert.
- Pull the Trigger to Gain Attention: Trigger messages go out automatically when a user takes a specific action (or doesn’t take it), or when a calendar date is reached. They’re a great way to send the right message at the right time.
So download the Amazingly Effective Email Guide now to learn new techniques to optimize your results.You’ll also get fresh ideas for putting these tips into action, and a few pointers on what not to do when creating your next campaign. So dive in and see if you can’t start to achieve your own record-setting returns on investment.
Comments on this article are closed.