2012 has been an exciting year for us since we are watching the Indian social media space evolve from last year to implement exciting social media campaigns. This is really good for the industry and the people who are betting high on social media. Some time back I had written about 6 inspiring social media campaigns, 5 inspiring Facebook campaigns and now I am going to share a curated list of 7 inspiring blogging campaigns. Blogging being involved as one of the main ingredients of a campaign is not only inspiring but it goes to show that the brand is ready to invest in community building. These 7 inspiring campaigns, that we had reviewed earlier, may not be the exhaustive list in the industry but these appealed to us and are worth having a look.
1. The Bangalore Blogathon by Bombay Store: The Bangalore Blogathon invited passionate bloggers to select their favourite theme from amongst three given themes about ‘Namma Bengaluru’ and two lucky winners would get gift vouchers worth Rs. 5000/- and Rs. 2500/-. All you had to do was post your blog link on The Bombay Store Facebook page and if you were shortlisted based on the originality and passion in your post, you would be taken on a ‘Tour-de-store’ at the store’s new outlet on 1 MG Road Mall. Post the tour, you had to review the new store in another post. Then if you were among the two lucky winners based on your store review, you stood to win the gift voucher! A simple yet beautiful campaign designed well to get bloggers to do the word of mouth for you. For more click here.
2. The Lakme Diva Blogger Campaign: The blogging campaign was based on pure imagination and creativity. A blogger had to imagine spending a summer with Kyra, a fun-loving outdoor girl who loved playing volleyball with her friends and relax with a nice cold drink. Besides the idea the other good thing was that the prizes were apt for bloggers – 2 Amazon Kindle Fires, 5 Amazon Kindles, 20 Lakmé-Indiblogger T-shirts. And if that’s not enough, 2 women bloggers would won an all-expense paid trip to exotic beach locations in India, courtesy Lakmé. Besides this, all valid entries won a special Lakmé gift hamper. Lakme which was doing all this for its new product launch, Lakmé Sun Expert seemed to hit the right chords. To know more click here.
3. Internet Is Fun Blogging Campaign by Vodafone: Vodafone executed the ‘Internet is fun’ blogging campaign during the IPL and bloggers were invited to write about what makes the internet fun for them on their mobile phones. Along with this the brand had tempting giveaways such as MacBook Pro, Sony Playstations, Sennheiser headphones, Zoozoo bean bags and tickets to the IPL finals with travel included! Hosting blogging contests around the brand message is cool. Not only does it help propagate your message through the users, but also gets the message embedded deep and Vodafone seems to be well aware of it. To know more how it was done click here.
4. Society Tea’s Blogging Campaign: A very refreshing online campaign and well positioned with the brand. The campaign not only gave a chance to the four people to do certain things they might have wished for, but also creating positive word of mouth around the brand. I am really happy to see the brand adopting blog as a main strategic tool and then spreading the words from the blog to social networking platforms such as Facebook and Twitter. One of my favorite blogging campaigns and if you want to read more click here.
5. Castrol Power 1 Blogging Campaign: Bloggers were invited to bring out the biker in them and even if they were not bikers, they could always blog about someone who they knew do. Although the grand prize was not an iPad or Kindle this time, a ‘United Motorcyclists’ Jacket of India’ might be worth much more to a true biker. Besides, 10 winners got Power1 Biking jackets while 5 would win Studds helmets. But the good news was that every entry got a Castrol-Indiblogger T-shirt and a place in the Castrol Power1 Bikers Code. Brands associating themselves with blogging communities and holding blogging contests around their taglines, is something I’m really delighted about. To check out the exciting blogging campaign click here.
6. Mahindra XUV500 Incredible Stories Blogging Campaign: Mahindra had launched the ‘Incredible Stories! Blogging contest where bloggers were invited to share an incredible experience they had while on a holiday or a road trip. It gave you a chance to relive that wonderful adventure you had taken a few years back and take the efforts to blog about it. And the campaign had a grand prize – an Apple iPad2 and the runner’s up prizes – Mahindra Great Escape Holidays and Amazon Kindles. A great campaign and to know more click here.
7. Kissan Real Blogging Campaign: Kissan 100% Real Blogger Contest invited bloggers to share their natural experiences while they grew up or the ones they had discovered with their kids. And you stood a chance to win a three day-two night nature trail travel package for two.If only brands could achieve this kind of involvement, then social media could be a winner for them. To know more about the campaign click here.
Do share which is your favorite campaign and if you are aware of any such blogging campaigns then do share with us in the comments section or you can drop a note at connect[@]lighthouseinsights[.]in
Read more: The Grand Indian Road Trip By Castrol India