Are you sitting there wondering why your Blog gets no traffic, no comments and subsequently is not getting the results you desire? Well the answer could be one of many things and in this post you will discover 6 reasons why your blogger outreach is an absolute fail and what you can do to turn it around and be seen as one of the leaders in your field.
1. You Aren’t Focussed Enough: If you went to see a Doctor you would expect to receive advice on health care. If you visit a chiropodist you expect information about feet. If you wanted to learn about dental hygiene you might visit a dentist. Do you see my point?
If your area of expertise is homeopathic remedies then stick to homeopathic remedies, the causes and cures rather than telling the user about your cat Biggles!
2. Lack of Online Brand: Today, having a website just does not cut it. You need a robust presence on other sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Google+. Pick the ones that hold the most value to you in terms of audience. In addition to that, you need to be “Googleable”. What do I mean by that? Well if someone types your name into Google then they need to find you. Videos, images, content and more!
Think about starting a blog where you publish regular content highlighting your expertise in your field. All of this helps build your credibility in the eyes of the audience and positions you as a leader. Highly effective people know this and show should you!
3. You Don’t Share: Who are the key players in your niche? Do you share their content on a regular basis? Do you comment on their Blogs? If not, you need to. We live in an ever increasing social world of Likes, Tweets and +1’s. The more time you take to share the content of other people in your industry, the greater the chance you have of your content being shared.
4. Lack of Regular Content: I am sorry to be the one to tell you but one post every fortnight is not good enough. In fact, it is nowhere near good enough. If you have aspirations of being a thought leader or a person of influence within your niche then you need to publish content on a regular basis.
At the very beginning of your blogger outreach campaign this could mean posting 3-4 times a week. Whatever the number is, stick to it!
5. Your Content Is Not Compelling: Not everybody is a born writer. In fact just the thought of publishing content online for millions of people to see may bring you out in a cold sweat! On top of that you have to produce content that grabs people’s attention, inspires a reaction and leaves them wanting more. That is quite a tall order.
Not every piece of content has to be perfect, that is probably an impossible task, but you need to be happy that the content delivers a message and you are happy with it, because everything that you publish emphasizes your skills and likewise your failings if the content is poor.
If writing is not your thing then perhaps video might be? Video consumption online is growing rapidly and if you have no problem speaking then this could be a great alternative. A mixture of both written and visual content would be better.
6. Guest Blogging: One of the best ways to increase targeted visitors and also get recognized by others in your industry or niche is to guest post. Why is this a good blogger outreach tactic?
By providing content for one of the top blogs in your niche you are tapping into an existing loyal readership base who are interested in your niche. If your content gets positive feedback, is shared and generates comments then you may be invited back to post again. Readers of that post may also take the time to find out more about you by clicking on the links in the resource box.
Work guest blogging into your editorial calendar and do your research into the blogs you propose to write for so you can target your content for maximum response.
Everything online is about community, if you want to be heard then you absolutely have to accept that blogger outreach is imperative to your online success.
What blogger outreach strategies work for you? Leave your thoughts below.