You know that feeling of “If I have to look at one more word on this computer screen I’m going lock myself in the storage closet and never come out”?
I get that feeling sometimes. It’s not fun.
Sometimes it’s because the glare of fluorescent lights is just too much (and my optometrist would agree.) Usually, though, it’s because I just can’t think of any compelling blog ideas.
When I’m working on my three-month editorial calendar (which all good Bikini Marketers have), I sometimes get stumped. There are a lot of good ideas, but how can I make them great posts?
My brainstorming process consists of checking out news stories, social media and, of course, other blogs. I want to see what people are talking about, obviously, but I also want to see what they’re not talking about.
Not to brag, but this is a pretty good process. Sometimes, though, it fails me. When that happens, I like to go through the Bikini Marketing archives. Reading through old posts can sometimes inspire me on a new topic or, better yet, give me ideas on how to repurpose an old blog post.
Check out my favorite ways to repurpose old content.
1. Feature it in a newsletter
2. Use it as a starting point for a white paper/ebook
3. Add details to create a series
4. Update it
5. Feature it on an anniversary
6. Create an infographic
7. Speak about the topic in a Google+ Hangout
8. Use it as inspiration for an email marketing campaign
9. Create a SlideShare presentation
10. Turn it into a speaking presentation
11. Embellish list posts to give more information
12. Write posts from a different angle
13. Create a meme/GIF with tidbits or stats from the post
14. Host a webinar
15. Record a podcast
What do you think, are these good ways to repurpose content? Do you have any better ideas? Leave a comment and let me know!