When you operate a company in the b2b sector, your job is to provide services or products to other companies. It’s easy to fall into a habit of focusing on numbers, conversions and “all business all the time”. However, to get the best results for your business, you may need to warm up your approach a bit. Consider these five ways to add a personal touch to your business interactions—while improving your footing in the b2b world.
- Get Social – While social media can be a cold corporate wasteland, it can also be a great place to engage with other businesses and b2b customers. Create your profiles and don’t be afraid to get personal. After all, according to Mashable, Instagram photos with faces get 38% more likes!
- Put Down the Device – Phones, computers and tablets drive our communication and business today. That just means that personal interactions are that much more meaningful. Try to take a little time every day to get personal with a potential customer—even if it’s just a phone call.
- Don’t Forget Offline Branding – With inbound marketing and online marketing more popular and useful than ever, it can be easy to forget how important building your brand is offline. Don’t forget about products like banners, signs and displays. They can have a big visual impact and help bring you out of the cold confines of cyberspace.
- Take Time for Little Things – Sending holiday cards, wishing a client a happy birthday or meeting a co-worker for coffee are all small things, but they add warmth to the day and to your business.
- Give the Gift of Time – Look for community events, volunteer opportunities and other chances for your company to get out there and give back. Not only will you be doing good and building good karma, but you will also show the community that you are a caring company that deserves a second look.
As you can see, it is possible to warm up business relationships—it just takes time and effort. Put in this effort and you will likely be well rewarded.