I tend to have a love-hate relationship with commercials. Sometimes you’re watching a particularly climactic scene of a movie and it gets cut off at the best part to show another tear-jerking ASPCA commercial. Other times you feel strangely satisfied about watching a commercial.
TV commercials can make you laugh, or cry and can even influence you. The best commercials are those that move you and make you feel something. It seems with the growth of viral marketing and online branding, companies view commercials as an opportunity to truly differentiate themselves from their competitors. Whether it’s the iconic Geico “Caveman” commercials or E-trade’s talking babies, companies can create lasting memories with the use of clever advertising.
So check out some of my favorite TV commercials from 2013 so far:
10. Chex Cereal – Fan Letter
9. Progressive Insurance – Loyalty Program
8. Beneful – Dog Goldberg Machine
7. Discover Card – Live Customer Service
6. Geico – Dikembe Mutombo
5. Swiffer – Morty Are You Listening?
4. Oreo – Whisper Fight
3. Samsung Galaxy S4 – Baby Swaddle
2. Whirlpool Duet Washer – Teen Jeans
1. Kia Sorento – Space Babies
What’s your favorite commercial from 2013? Share them in the comments below.