Small Business Saturday® is just around the corner and we’ve got tips to help you think big about this awesome day dedicated to shopping small.
What is it exactly? Small Business Saturday® is a day dedicated to shopping and buying from locally owned small businesses. It falls between Black Friday and Cyber Monday, right when consumers are revving up for the holiday shopping season.
Spearheaded by American Express OPEN Forum, the first Small Business Saturday® launched in 2010. Since then, it’s turned into a bona fide national movement.
Check out these stats:
- 103 million people shopped at small businesses on Small Business Saturday® in 2011
- Participating small businesses saw a 23 percent increase in transactions last year on Small Business Saturday®
- Small Business Saturday® has 2.8 million “likers” on its Facebook Page.
- 200,000 tweets about Small Business Saturday® were circulating around the Twittersphere last year
Potential customers will be out in force supporting and looking to “shop small” for the holidays, hence getting involved/participating should be high on your to-do list.
Where to start?
Related Resources from B2C
» Free Webcast: Build Better Products by Identifying and Validating Your Riskiest Assumptions
Head over to our new Small Business Saturday® microsite and load up on lots of free marketing tips and resources, including:
- A week-by-week checklist to help you prep for the big day (11/24)
- A variety of Small Business Saturday®-themed email marketing templates, so you can let your customers and subscribers know you’re participating (and send them an awesome offer if they buy from you that day)
- Pre-written tweets and posts that you can publish on Facebook and Twitter
- A photo contest to show off your small business (winner gets a $100 American Express gift card and 5,000 VerticalResponse email marketing credits)
- Lots of other marketing goodies
What are you doing and/or offering to get those registers ringing on November 24? We’d love to hear!
Connie Sung Moyle is the Public Relations Manager at VerticalResponse. Connect with her on Twitter at @sungmoyle.