American Express is sponsoring the 2nd annual Small Business Saturday this November 26, 2011.
Too often we’re drawn into the allure of purchasing consumer products at well-known, big-name, large corporations.
But sometimes we don’t take the time to consider exactly how important it is to support local mom and pops stores as well. It not only helps the business owner, it also helps you. Take a quick look at this simple chart to grasp how a simple purchase at a small business in your community can come right back around to benefit YOU.
So to summarize how participating in Small Business Saturday (and every day) benefits you:
- You get better social services and public structures due to small business tax payments
- You help create new jobs in YOUR community
- You support local community organizations that benefit your children and others in need
- The small business owner is motivated to keep operating
- The small business owner keeps paying taxes into the system
- The small business owner keeps his employees on board
- You help make your town or city more appealing, which could eventually increase property values
Of course, this is only a short list of how supporting a small business in your area benefits YOU.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Winning with Data: Drive Leads & Marketing ROI across All Channels & Campaigns
Yes, some of these results may also come about from going to a big business, but when you patronize a mom and pop shop you get the added benefits of supporting a fellow neighbor and strengthening your local community for the foreseeable future.
So what would you add to this list?
Post your own short list benefits of supporting local “mom and pops” shops in the comments area below. Spread the word. And of course, don’t forget to go out there and buy something, small or large, from a local business on Small Business Saturday, November 26, 2011!