By now your Christmas gifts have been open and hopefully you received everything you asked for and more. For those that received gift cards or have been waiting to take advantage of the after Christmas deals this article is for you.
5 Tips for Getting the Best After Christmas Deals
- Understand what is truly a deal: Don’t assume just because you are shopping after Christmas that you will receive a great deal. Stores know that people who are shopping with gift cards are less likely to compare prices. You should expect to see great deals on seasonal items such as winter coats but evergreen products such as video games are less likely to be on sale.
- Understand what items to target: Consumers should expect to find the best after Christmas deals on clothing as retailers begin to clear out their inventory. If you are looking to score a new flat-screen TV hold-off until after January 1st when stores start their pre-Super Bowl TV promotions.
- Start shopping online Christmas Day: While most stores will be closed on Christmas, many retailers will begin posting their after Christmas sales online so that you can begin researching what stores and items to target.
- Be prepared to get there early: Most stores will be opening early so in order to have the best chance of finding the best deal you must try and get there before the masses start lining up.
- Start stocking up for next year: Now is the time when retailers are trying to get rid of anything holiday related (i.e. gift wrap, greeting cards, etc) so if you are a planner there is no better time to get a jump start on next year.
I hope you had a very Merry Christmas that you have a Happy New Year!
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement