Not sure about the value of social gaming for your brand or business? Check out these interesting stats and facts…
According to the UK National Gamers Survey:
- 28 million UK internet users are casual gamers – amounting to 67% of all internet users.
- 20 million of those use their mobile handsets to play games on
- More than 40% of time spent on Facebook is spent on playing social games. 19% of game players even claim they are “addicted” to social games.
According to Utalk marketing:
- 23% of gamers say they are more likely to buy a brand that has sponsored or advertised on a social game
- 18% said they would click on an ad to gain a reward
According to game developers Wild Tangent:
- The median age for social gamers is 35, and they are mostly female
According to market research company Park Associates:
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement
- Facebook embedded games alone will rise from $1bn last year to £5bn by 2015
Think social gaming is too expensive for you? According to agency TBWA:
- Third party platforms are the easiest and cheapest way to leverage social gaming opportunities – by third party read Facebook.
- To create a simple game [on Facebook] costs about the same amount as you would pay to develop an app for the site – between 10k and 200k