Yes, the Red Cross is collecting donations to help those victims of Hurricane Sandy. But what if you would like to do more local, grassroots efforts to assist people right now? What can you do? Here are some ideas how you can be present for one another, as Meredith Haberfeld, a life coach in New York says, with helping others by giving back:
- NYC Service: The City of New York is coordinating some volunteer efforts. You can find out where to donate money or goods, or how to sign up for volunteer efforts, by clicking on this link. They also have a Facebook page at Facebook.com/nycservice.
- City Meals on Wheels: The New York City organization is collecting monetary donations on their website to help those in need of a hot meal to get it.
- Community Food Bank of New Jersey: They will get food to those in New Jersey who need it. Donate here.
- Salvation Army: Money donated here will help those in New York and New Jersey affected by the disaster.
- Jersey Cares: You can find a clearinghouse of information to volunteer in New Jersey at JerseyCares. Register there, and the site will inform you of volunteer activities.
- Twitter: Search on the hashtag #sandyvolunteer to find ways to help. There are a plethora of things you can find there.
- New York Recovers: Recovers.org has a variety of grassroots efforts offering options to donate time, money, and goods to those who needed. Staten Island has a site there, as does Brooklyn neighborhood Red Hook and Queens neighborhood Astoria.
- Breezy Point: This Queens neighborhood was one of the hardest hit. You can donate at this site.
- The Humane Society of the United States: You can give money to help pets and their owners hurt by the superstorm here.
- Funeral donations: George and Angela Dresch died in the storm. Our Lady Help of Christians, their church parish, is collecting donations for their funeral, as well as to help those affected by the hurricane, here.
If you know of any other local effects to help Hurricane Sandy victims, please leave a message below.
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement