This Columbus Day weekend, what better way to celebrate the occasion than by indulging in some travel and exploration with your honey? Traveling abroad can get expensive and time-consuming, and not all of us have extra money and vacation days to spare. Although places like Venice and Paris are known for their European romance and charm, you can find that same feeling right here in the United States. Who says you have to be in Paris to french kiss? Here are some of the most enchanting travel destinations in the U.S.:
1. Niagara Falls (NY): Niagara Falls, known as the Honeymoon Capital of the World, is an ideal romantic spot. You can take a classic Maid of the Mist boat tour with your lover and be captivated by the breathtaking view of the waterfalls. You can also engage in some other fun activities, like going on a Niagara wine tour.
2. Poconos Mountains (PA): Whether or not you’ve just tied the knot, the Poconos is a spectacular destination. The Mountains were home to the first honeymoon resort in 1945. As part of its intimate tradition, Poconos has a famous heart-shaped whirlpool bath for two, as well as many world-class spas.
3. Key West (FL): Surrounded by history, art, and culture, Key West is the southernmost city of the U.S. and an excellent couples’ getaway. Enjoy a magical tour of the city during the day and take advantage of the upbeat nightlife. Conclude your day with a passionate and awe-inspiring view of the sunset in Mallory Square, where people gather for the sunset celebration.
4. Malibu (CA): An iconic American destination, Malibu is home to an array of public beaches. Enjoy some delicious seafood on the beachfront while bidding the sun farewell for the day or visit a winery in a chateau. Take advantage of the great nightlife by hitting up a blues bars, dance hall, or martini lounge.
5. Rocky Mountains (CO): If you and your partner are outdoor fanatics, you definitely don’t want to miss out on the spectacular landscape of the Rockies. Your trip can be amorous, yet adventurous. Reconnect with your partner and discover peaceful solitude in an intimate cabin. Then escape into nature while surrounding yourself by untouched beauty as you venture off for a hike on Mount Elbert, the range’s highest peak.
Got any other suggestions for romantic American destinations? Share your ideas below.
Author: Linda Guma