The Internet is buzzing with news about the upcoming iPad 3 expected to launch in early March 2012, but what about the iPhone 5? It was rumored that the iPhone 5 was one of the last projects the legendary Steve Jobs was working on until his last day, but when can we expect to see it? This is one of the most highly debated topics among Apple fans to date. Previously, we heard reports the iPhone 5 would be launched during the summer at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco, which would result in a short lifecycle of the iPhone 4s (only eight months).
Here, we examine three sure fire reasons why we expect the iPhone 5 to launch in early September/October 2012.
1. Japanese blog Macotakara reports that it has learned from a credible source that Apple is planning another September or October release for the iPhone this year which is moving away from their traditional mid-year launches seen prior to 2011. The report also claims that Apple intends the later release date to be part of Apple’s long-term plans for iPhone launches, “According to Asian reliable source, next iPhone will be released in September or October, and this cycle seems to kept for years.”
2. According to MacRumors, a representative of a supplier known to provide parts for the iPhone stated that Apple’s ordering plans indicate a launch to happen early in fall, 2012.
3. A third source claimed to iMore that Apple will be launching a LTE-enabled iPhone 5 in October. This source is deemed to be more credible as it accurately predicated March 7 as the date of Apple’s iPad 3 media event. Apple hasn’t officially announced the March 7 date, but the date has been confirmed as accurate by the well-connected Jim Dalrymple at The Loop.
Related Resources from B2C
» Free Webcast: Build Better Products by Identifying and Validating Your Riskiest Assumptions
Some of the expected features of the iPhone 5 include:
- 4+ inch display with a Retina display
- Updated casing
- 4G LTE enabled which would also increase the thickness of the phone
- Improved version of the personal voice assistant Siri
- NFC functionality to complete sales transactions
- Crack-resistant glass solution
All the signs point to Apple releasing the iPhone 5 launching in early September/October 2012. Will you be pulling your sleeping bags out of storage to wait in line to replace your current iPhone? Let us know in the comments below!