Here is the deal: we all know that appointment setting is no easy task. The problem here is that this is precisely the task that we have to do right. After all, a business could only continue if they make a profit. And a business could only make a profit if they could consistently bring in more sales leads. Yes, this could be a real pain for many of us, but if we could pull it off, then all the better. We need to use every strategy, every tool, that we need to do in order to get the job done. If you want to get more B2B leads, then be ready to use these simple, yet very effective lead generation strategies.
- Referrals – believe me, when you ask your satisfied customers for referrals, more often than not they will happily comply. They know that you can do a great job, so they will see no reason why they would not recommend your business to those that they know.
- List cleaning – one of the main culprits of lost sales could be traced to messy, duplicate, or outdated calling lists. You want to maximize your marketing efforts, so you need to make sure that the list of prospects you have are the most accurate available, without duplicates, and possess the necessary information. You can get such a list from a reputable business database provider. Just make sure that you choose the right company, since there are a lot of frauds floating around the market, unfortunately.
- Brief messaging – not in the sense that you send really short messages, but more along the lines of content that goes straight to the point. No flowery speech or unnecessary embellishments. A lot of people are busy, so if you want to get their attention (and their business), you need to be brief in your work. Choose your words right and use effective calls-to-action to compel them.
- Follow-through properly – a lot of marketers these days are surprisingly lax when it comes to following through their initial sales conversation. Actually, this is the most important point, where you confirm whether the business prospect will still do business with you or not. Train your telemarketing team to properly follow-up their calls and regularly touch base with B2B leads that they are nurturing. This will ensure that you are still in the right track with them.
- Listen properly – active listening really is an important part of a marketing campaign. A good marketer would only talk twenty percent of the time, letting the prospect speak for the rest of it. After all, only by hearing what problems do they face will you be able to figure out what solution you can provide them.
There are other marketing strategies that you can employ for your lead generation campaign. You can add more in the list as you go along, but these five would be good for starters. You just have to make sure that you follow them well, and that you really deliver what you promise.
This content originally appeared on Callbox Blog
Recommended for YouWebcast: Sales and Marketing Alignment: 7 Steps To Implement Effective Sales Enablement